Backend ISR Developer/Architect (TS/SCI)
- Reston, VA
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a backend developer/architect in support of a growing Advanced Analytics effort for the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence (OUSDI)/Warfighter Support to improve existing and innovate new features for a classified Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (ISR) data and analytics service. Responsibilities will include: improving automation through event-driven microservice architecture, improving ETL and master data management algorithms, leveraging NLP and other text processing technologies, and supporting front-end developers to help users best exploit the service's data. The role is in the Washington DC area (primarily Reston, Virginia)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- US Citizen with active TS//SCI clearance or show immediate eligibility according to JPAS security database
- 3+ years of Python data engineering and/or programming experience
- 3+ years of experience architecting, designing and programming applications in hybrid cloud or on-prem environments • Strong skills in MongoDB (or equivalent NOSQL database tech), RDBMS, and Python in a Windows or Linux desktop operating environment
- Experience with complex ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) development, including merging and normalizing related data sources
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP) or other techniques to extract value out of unstructured data
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related technical field
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Masters Degree, preferably in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science, or related
- Experience coding in operational military and/or intelligence networks or settings
- Skills in Redis or equivalent queueing systems and/or customizing ElasticSearch
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. TFS, Jenkins) and Linux
- Experience with identifying and gathering operational and intelligence data from DOD organizations and systems
- Experience with national or military intelligence capabilities and their use
- Experience with AWS, especially as implemented in C2S, and transitioning on-prem capabilities to cloud
- Experience with MVC frameworks (e.g., React.js), Node.js, and Web API design
- Polygraph strongly preferred (CI or FSP)
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top