Back End Developer for zManage (MQ)
- Research Triangle Park, NC
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Z is the World's most powerful business platform. 68% of enterprise production workloads, 80% of structured enterprise data, and 55% of all enterprise transactions, including more than 50% of the back end transactions generated from mobile enterprise applications run on IBM Z. We are embarking on an exciting journey to transform the developer experience on IBM Z by
embracing disruptive technologies spanning all aspects of development, test, deployment, and monitoring. To accomplish this transformation, IBM Z APM Connect is hiring top talent to expand ourplatform coverage and deliver meaningful innovation for the platform. IBM Z Application Performance Management Connect (Z APM Connect) provides visibility into mainframe application components in AppDynamics. With IBM Z APM Connect, you can monitor hybrid applications from public cloud to mainframe, view full end-to-end transactions from mobile to mainframe, and quickly identify the z/OS-based components that impact these hybrid applications in your APM products:
- This position is for a senior-level mainframe developer with MQ and Assembler skills. Job requires ability to perform new code features as well as code enhancements for the IBM Z Application Performance Management Connect (Z APM Connect) product.
- Future team members should expect to work in a collaborative team-driven environment with a group of experienced software engineers who want to deliver great technology.
- As a backend Developer, you are part of a highly focused, self-managed Agile team who designs, develops, tests & deploys mainframe applications on z/OS. You will help bring digital applications to life by creating robust enterprise platforms to support rich and interactive front ends. Your expertise in designing and building high performance, reliable enterprise applications on the mainframe allows you to build the services, integration, data, analytics and algorithms required to support next generation experiences.
- You interface with enterprise architects and delivery teams to shape, estimate, and define the programs that turn ideas and prototypes into fully functional systems. As a member of a dynamic team in supporting the delivery of enterprise software for a large user base, you demonstrate leadership, technical curiosity, a self-starter, creativity as well as forward thinking with a passion for growth and innovation. bhm2020
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have expert system-level knowledge of MQ and other messaging services
- Must have minimum 5 years of recent Assembler programming experience
- Experience designing, provisioning, testing and supporting
- Mainframe applications
- IBM Mainframe skills such as JCL , IMS , HMC , HSM , TSO, Netview , etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing in REXX, COBOL, Java, C/C++
- Full software development life-cycle experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in z/OS software development
- Experience designing and creating high performance and secure z/OS applications
- A self-starter & ability to work effectively in a team environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Provides senior level development and guidance in creating and maintaining application
- Software code using the IBM® Mainframe Assembly language for System Z.
- Works as part of a project team, regularly communicating with project stakeholders on project progress and status.
- Capable of designing, coding, debugging and maintaining the highest level of difficult computer programs.
- Performs root cause analysis to quickly identify and resolve issues causing recurring
- Technical problems
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top