Automation Tester - Specialist
- Vilnius, Lithuania
As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM'ers and our clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for applying automated tools to support the testing of applications across all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle. Evaluates the functional and non-functional requirements for testability and the test cases and use cases for suitability for automation.
Responsible for or assist the Test Architect or Test Lead in the development of the test automation strategy and focus specifically on maximizing reuse for regression purposes. Implements the strategy via developing, coding and executing test case and test script frameworks using automated tools such as Rational Functional Tester and other Rational suite tools, or the HP toolset, among others.
Supports the test team by recommending tools and processes to automate other test activities, such as test management, reporting, test data generation and defect management. Assists the Test Manager with technical expertise in test planning.
- To be part of international projects based on your experience, career goals and personal aspirations.
- Premium, full life-cycle work experience on high-profile IT solutions with direct impact on people and businesses.
- Possibilities to apply the latest methodologies and technology in your daily work.
- Personalized professional growth, mentoring, training and clear career progression.
- Flexible work & life balance.
- Remote work opportunities.
- Travelling around the globe to meet different cultures and work environments.
- Compensation according to the market top rates.
- Private health insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Builds automation for testing IT systems and applications.
- Has deep skills in multiple test automation tools and technologies and use these to build and maintain automation solutions to test applications and IT systems across the levels of testing.
- Responsible to understand testing requirements, building optimized test scenarios, developing automation to execute test along with test data and environment-related automation, execute automated testing and achieve test outcome.
- Has understanding of all the contemporary technology trends - Agile, DevOps, Containers and so have the ability to integrate testing automation into overall delivery automation.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Test automation: Selenium WebDriver, Java (Associate level)
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top