Automation Quality Engineer
The automation quality engineer will work very closely with a small group of very talented and technical engineers in our location data squad at the Weather Company. This role is responsible for writing automated tests, helping to expand and update the automation framework, writing unit tests and managing Jenkins.
The ideal candidate for this position will have had previous mobile development experience (ios or Android), be intimately familiar with the mobile platforms and have several years of mobile automation experience.
This role will be expected to work closely with several other teams in getting the releases out with the highest level of quality and assisting in troubleshooting issues from the field as needed.
The candidate will be working in a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environment.
• Design, develop, and maintain all automated and unit tests for the data location team
• Debug and troubleshoot all location data issues
• Manage the Jenkins test pipeline and all triage all location data tests
• Maintain and update the automation framework as needed
• Execute automated tests in multiple environments (real device, device cloud and simulator)
• Participate in code reviews to ensure code is written with the highest quality
• Create and maintain unit tests leveraging all available tools
• Design with test scenarios in mind (TDD)
• Participate in agile team discovery process: communicate feasibility of all solutions
• Add value during team retrospectives
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field
• Minimum of 5 years automation experience (preferably experience building a framework)
• Minimum 2 years mobile app programming experience or equivalent education
• Experience writing unit tests
• Experience setting up and maintaining a Jenkins instance in a CI environment
• Experience in iterative software development environments such as Agile or Kanban
• Experience with Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration and other Agile practices
• Expert in using standard debugging techniques such as logging, LLDB, and/or Instruments to localize and correct code issues
• Strong problem solving skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Written at least one mobile app that was submitted to the store
• Understanding of Test Driven Design software development
• Able to convey information concisely and clearly to all levels of personnel
• Able to work closely and effectively with developers and quality engineers and work on several active projects simultaneously
• Self starter
• Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Swift or Java experience is preferred
• Proficiency with Git and/or GitHub
• Familiarity with JIRA
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top