Associate Partner, SAP, Application Management Services - Calgary
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services has more than 60,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide. With a strong focus on results, we enable clients to leverage technology and information to improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantages. We are proud of our talented team, our respected reputation, and our outstanding results.
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. We're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era. Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
We are currently seeking an experienced Associate Partner, SAP Application Management Services (AMS) for our Cloud Application Innovation (CAI) Practice. We wish to add senior executive talent to help drive our market growth and shape new solutions which deliver end-to-end transformation for our clients. We advise clients on strategy and implementation of innovative and complex cloud-based transformational solutions that enable our clients to become efficient and able to provide value added partnering support to their businesses. The core of this role is the leadership, management, and improvements of the practice focused on working with clients' planning needs.
The Cloud Application Innovation Consulting team assumes the transformation of all or part of our clients' application portfolio and portions of infrastructure to the cloud in support of their digital transformation journey. IBM applies its deep business and technology skills, leading innovation and world-class business processes to help clients maximize benefit from leveraging Cloud capabilities. Advise, Move, Build and Run on cloud are within our mandate.
Basic responsibilities of the Associate Partner candidate typically includes performing the activities that support and manage the ongoing development of their practice area and leading the creation of new business opportunities with accountability for success through to the end of the engagement.
The Associate Partner, SAP AMS uses their experience leading the design, sales, and implementation of cloud solutions to help their clients succeed in their journey to cloud. The associate partner is experienced in SAP AMS or SAP cloud based solutions, and has the understanding of the current cloud solutions from industry leader IaaS, PaaS and SaaS providers.
The Associate Partner assigned to this position is expected to have the experience and knowledge needed to help create and close new business opportunities, and be accountable for managing the financial success of that business. This requires that they be capable of understanding the services engagements in their area of expertise with a demonstrated mastery of the appropriate methods and skills needed to drive future revenue and client satisfaction
They must develop strong and trusted relationships with other areas of IBM and team members to achieve quick responses to client demands. This position requires the skills needed to win client trust and confidence leading to the acceptance of new proposals in a manner that supports and reinforces business objectives within their area of practice. They are expected to identify new business opportunities, lead the development of solutions supporting that opportunity, and to win that business for IBM.
When not participating in new business development or bid and proposal activity, the Associate Partner is expected to participate in ongoing billable client activities where follow-on efforts are visualized, participate in the resolution of critical situations, participate in related Sector, Solution Area, or Community activities, and monitor the health of the practice.
Accountable for the financial success and client satisfaction of engagements under their direction. Defines criteria for the scope, risk and profitability of engagements, as well as the viability of entering new marketplaces and geographies. Identifies, qualifies, assists, and manages the closing of new business. Develops lasting relationships based on mutual respect with clients decision makers. Significantly influences client satisfaction with IBM through knowledge of industry, ability to articulate solution value, and services delivery. Directs the development new solution offerings or methods to support the penetration of new markets. Is expected to generate new sales, typically in the range of $5M - $10M US annually, and oversee projects with an a annual revenue of $5M to $10M US annually.
- Perform activities that support and manage the ongoing development of the practice and leading the creation of new business opportunities with accountability for success through to the end of engagements (from sales through solution design to delivery);
- Lead, perform and mentor on consulting engagement pursuits. This includes participating in client opportunity identification and qualification calls, understanding client needs and objectives, articulating and formulating solutions design for proposals and statements of work that align to the client needs while managing delivery risk and working with the sales team through deal progression and signing;
- Engagement oversight. This includes following the Delivery Roadmap to successful project execution. This includes staffing consulting project teams, assisting project leadership (i.e., project manager or engagement leader) in defining or modifying project approach and structure as necessary, deliverables review and participation in key project events as appropriate to help ensure Delivery Excellence;
- Influence functional strategy;
- Services leadership and capability growth, and administrative and operational required activities.
- Identify, validate and drive new SAP AMS opportunities (Advisory, Migration, Modernization, Software as a Service in cloud-based solutions);
- Leverage knowledge & experience to design hybrid cloud/multi-cloud solutions which best meet the client's business needs;
- Maintain and grow familiarity and understanding of leading Iaas,PaaS and SaaS environments from leading vendors such as AWS, Microsoft, RedHat and IBM.
- Overlook delivery of projects within the practice to ensure smooth delivery that meets client and IBM objectives;
- Support the delivery of SAP AMS and multi-cloud/hybrid cloud projects as executive thought leader ;
- Build and maintain an effective business relationship with the client's senior management team;
- Define, Plan & Execute capacity/recruitment and capability building programs within the practice.
- Direct the development of new solution offerings or methods to support the penetration of new markets.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Solid experience in the Distribution or Communications or Industrial Sector, including intimate knowledge of current industry trends and challenges
- A relevant academic background, preferably with accreditation from a professional association
- Expert knowledge of SAP applications, IT operations, ERP systems, and other related technologies
- At least 10 years of progressive post-graduate business experience
- Demonstrated people management ability to lead and mentor staff of all levels
- Demonstrated business acumen including superior negotiation skills and contract/profit management
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to multi-task within a fast-paced and dynamic workplace
- Maintain an effective business relationship with the client's management team
- Define, Plan & Execute capacity/recruitment and capability building programs within the practice
- Willing and able to travel as required but ideally located in Calgary
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- As above.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top