Associate Partner, Public Sector - Toronto
- Toronto, Canada
As a Associate Partner, you will support IBM's consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM's top technologies. If you're ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Associate Partner will lead the creation of new business opportunities within the public sector industry in the targeted growth areas and will be accountable for success through to the end of client engagements. S/he must have extensive sales experience, a track-record of effective leadership all the way from sales to delivery of the solution. S/he must be recognized as an expert within this industry and possess deep domain expertise in one or more of public sector verticals. Experience in delivering public sector engagements as a senior leader is an asset.
The Associate Partner will be accountable for the financial success and client satisfaction of engagements under his/her direction. S/he will define criteria for the scope, risk and profitability of engagements, as well as the viability of new business opportunities. This individual will identify, qualify, assist, and manage the closing of new business. S/he will develop lasting relationships based on mutual respect with clients' decision makers. S/he will direct the development of business and market cases for new solution offerings or methods to support the penetration of new markets and deliver campaigns and go to market strategies to convert these offerings into delivered growth.
The Associate Partner will contribute to and be held accountable for the attainment of business objectives in his/her area of the practice. S/he will also support the health and development of the practice through regular communication and participation in mentoring or coaching activities. S/he must develop strong and trusted relationships with other areas of IBM and with team members to achieve quick responses to client demands.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Solid experience in the Ontario government & higher education industries, in particular complex services solutions
- Experience selling and delivering project-based consulting services including application maintenance services and application development services
- Proven ability to story-tell/describe the effective use of digital/Cognitive/analytics and Cloud in an Public Sector context
- An understanding of industry leading practices and tools such as mobility solutions, Data & Analytics, automation and modernization opportunities, Cloud, trends and challenges
- Deep and current understanding of Canadian Public Sector delivery systems across the country
- Relevant academic background
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 8 years of progressive post-graduate business experience including demonstrated experience engaging with senior executive leaders in Federal, Provincial, Local or Higher education client settings
- Proven ability to communicating effectively and building relationships at the executive level
- Demonstrated people management ability to lead and mentor staff of all levels
- Demonstrated business acumen including superior negotiation skills and contract/profit management
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to multi-task within a fast-paced and dynamic workplace
- Willing and able to travel as required. Travel will be focused within Eastern Canada
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top