Associate Partner, Public Sector- OTTAWA
Do you have a solid track record in sales and passion for working in the public sector? Then read on... IBM Global Business Services is hiring an Associate Partner with subject matter expertise in working in the Social Services Programs with the Public Sector .
You will have responsibility for creating strategies and implementing plans to achieve pipeline/revenue objectives with innovative and evolving business solutions. Along with bringing thought-leadership and an understanding of the Industrial client business challenges, you will work with practice executives, clients and IBM staff to develop and deliver solutions!.
YOUR experience should include; demonstrated consistent, strong sales (through full sales cycle), engagement management, business operations, and mentoring or coaching skills and should be able to articulate complex problems where needed to affect changes for meeting market demands. Basic responsibilities of the Associate Partner candidate typically include performing the activities that support and manage the ongoing development of their practice area and leading the creation of new business opportunities with accountability for success through to the end of the engagement.
This position requires the skills needed to win client trust and confidence leading to the acceptance of new proposals in a manner that supports and reinforces business objectives within their area of practice. They are expected to identify new business opportunities, lead the development of solutions supporting that opportunity, and to win that business for IBM.
Accountable for the financial success and client satisfaction of engagements under their direction. Defines criteria for the scope, risk and profitability of engagements, as well as the viability of entering new marketplaces and geographies. Identifies, qualifies, assists, and manages the closing of new business. Develops lasting relationships based on mutual respect with clients' decision makers. Significantly influences client satisfaction with IBM through knowledge of industry, ability to articulate solution value, and services delivery. Directs the development new solution offerings or methods to support the penetration of new markets. Is expected to generate new sales typically in the range of $5M to 10M US annually.
IBM is a leader in this global transformation, and there is no better place to launch or further your career. World-class learning opportunities, mentoring and a flexible work environment
you will find a wealth of opportunities within IBM to create the career you've always imagined.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ years of experience working in the social services programs with the public sector
- Significant expertise in procurement processes across Government of Canada transformational initiatives
- Deep knowledge and experience leading sales and delivery of complex projects in a public sector environment
- Executive relationships (DM, ADM, DG level) within Federal Government
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets
- COTS and/or ERP software sales and delivery experience - ex:Oracle, SAP, Microsoft
- A relevant academic background, preferably with accreditation from a professional association
- At least 10 years of progressive post-graduate business experience
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at the executive level
- Willing and able to travel as required
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- As above with 8+ years industry experience.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top