Associate Partner, Industrial Sector (Vancouver)
In Canada, IBM Global Business Services' (GBS) Industrial Sector delivers strategic consulting and applications services to clients in Canadian market. We are seeking an Associate Partner who will contribute significantly to the aggressive growth objectives of the team.
Reporting to a Partner, the Associate Partner will maintain an effective business relationship with the client's management team and influence the overall success of GBS offerings within the market. S/he will work with within the Industrial sector to win and delivery large-scale SAP transformations. Primary inter-faces within IBM will be the GBS team (industry experts, solution owners, your GBS peers) and the client team (which has overall IBM account responsibility).
The incumbent will contribute to the development and delivery of solutions to the industry, based on first-hand experience. S/he will understand the challenges faced by the industry today and will be inspired by the opportunity to work in a team to develop new processes and technologies to overcome these challenges.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Solid experience in the Industrial Sector (primarily utilities, transportations, oil and gas), including inti-mate knowledge of current industry trends and challenges
• A relevant academic background, preferably with accreditation from a professional association
• Expert knowledge of SAP applications, IT operations, ERP systems, and other related technologies
• At least 10 years of progressive post-graduate business experience
• Proven ability to communicate effectively at the executive level
• Demonstrated people management ability to lead and mentor staff of all levels
• Demonstrated business acumen including superior negotiation skills and contract/profit management
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to multi-task within a fast-paced and dynamic workplace
• Ideally located in Vancouver or Calgary
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- As above with 8+ years industry experience.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top