Associate Partner - IBM Big Data Services
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Servics is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM Services empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
The primary role of the Associate Partner will be to analyze and determine our client's pain points and aspirations and provide them with strategy, blueprints and execution plans in solving their business problems to deliver high impact outcomes. This might also require the Associate Partner to work with other IBM business units and partners to bring a holistic approach. The candidate should have experience in consultative selling, building client relationships, leading sales efforts, leading meetings and delivering presentations.
The Associate Partner will bring "hands-on" understanding of technologies in the areas of data, analytics and insights that includes relational, noSql, ML/AI and ancillary areas. Additional experience in the area of Cloud computing (AWS, Azure, Google, Splunk etc.) is highly desirable. Experience/background as a DBA, developer, data-center operations a huge plus.
A successful candidate for this role will also have a good understanding of application outsourcing/maintenance and data management best-practices and methodologies.
For consideration, candidates should ensure their profiles clearly indicate their domain/industry and technology expertise.
Role responsibilities include:
- Analyze and determine client pain points and deliver strategy, blueprint, roadmap and execution plans for positive business outcomes
- Establish client credibility via deep industry, technology and consulting expertise
- Eminence, Thought Capital and Leadership
- Identify trends and business opportunities
- Experience in selling large, complex data solutions and maintenance services
- Provide subject-matter-expertise related to our practice offerings
- Develop and maintain a sustainable sales pipeline
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundation skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- At least 10+ year's experience in data related technologies (Relational, NoSQL, Cloud computing).
- At least 5 years experience in Consultative Selling
- At least 5 years experience in selling Data Outsourcing deals
- At least 3 years experience in Business Development
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Background/Experience as DBA, developer, data-center operations
- Working Knowledge of Cloud Computing (AWS, Google, Azure, Splunk etc.)
- A good understanding of the workings of Machine Learning and AI
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top