Associate Partner, Halifax
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
In Canada, IBM Global Business Services' (GBS) Public Sector delivers strategic consulting and applications services to the government.
Reporting to a Partner, the Associate Partner will maintain an effective business relationship with the client's management team and influence the overall success of GBS offerings within the public sector market. S/he will work to determine the client's needs and translate these needs into opportunities for IBM. Primary interfaces within IBM will be the GBS team (industry experts, solution owners, your GBS peers) and the client team (which has overall IBM account responsibility).
The Associate Partner will lead the creation of new business opportunities within the public sector and will be accountable for success through to the end of client engagements. Must have extensive sales experience, a track-record of effective leadership and must be recognized as an expert within this industry.
The Associate Partner will be accountable for the financial success and client satisfaction of engagements under his/her direction. S/he will define criteria for the scope, risk and profitability of engagements, as well as the viability of new business opportunities.
This individual will identify, qualify, assist, and manage the closing of new business. S/he will develop lasting relationships based on mutual respect with clients' decision makers. The Associate Partner will significantly influence client satisfaction through knowledge of the digital agency industry and how that fits with the public sector. In addition the Associate Partner will possess an ability to articulate solution value and leadership of services delivery. Will direct the development of new solution offerings or methods to support the penetration of new markets.
The Associate Partner will contribute to and be held accountable for the attainment of business objectives in his/her area of the practice. Will also support the health and development of the practice through regular communication and participation in mentoring or coaching activities. Must develop strong and trusted relationships with other areas of IBM and with team members to achieve quick responses to client demands.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Significant experience in working with the public sector including knowledge of current industry trends, buying patterns and procurement
- COTS and/or ERP software sales and delivery experience - ex: Oracle, SAP, Microsoft
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets
- A relevant academic background, preferably with accreditation from a professional association
- At least 10 years of progressive post-graduate business experience
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at the executive level
- Demonstrated people management ability to lead and mentor staff of all levels
- Demonstrated business acumen including superior negotiation skills and contract/profit management
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to multi-task within a fast-paced and dynamic workplace
- Willing and able to travel as required
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- As above with 8+ years industry experience.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top