Associate Partner, Financial Services
- Seoul, South Korea
As a Business Sales & Delivery Executive, you will support IBM's consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM's top technologies. If you're ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is undergoing a significant transformation as we look to provide an array of capabilities clients expect in this age of analytics, cloud, digital, and cognitive computing. As senior members of our leadership team Consulting Associate Partners drive transformational agendas with their clients and lead high performing teams to deliver transformative projects for our clients.
The Associate Partner will manage delivery teams to execute on a variety of consulting engagements. Leadership, management, sales, delivery, practice-building and overall practice growth is the primary focus for this role. A strong understanding and deep experience working within the financial services industry (Insurance, Banking) is required. This is a critical position with an opportunity to make a major impact for IBM and our clients.
Capabilities Executive Presence : ability to enter any boardroom or office and engage with your senior clients as trusted advisors. Client Orientation : connect deeply with your client's business and transformational needs; provide clear value propositions that draw on IBM's capabilities and address your client's needs.
Desire to Learn : possess a desire for continuous learning; be curious and passionate about your client's business and IBM's capabilities & offerings. Relationship Building : engage with and build deep relationships across the senior Executive levels of your client and within IBM.
Decisiveness and Courage : embrace challenges and navigate ambiguity with confidence. Strategy Focus : operate as a strategic business partner for your client, driving innovation and pioneering new business opportunities.
Perseverance : demonstrate stamina and persistence, especially through tough situations that may arise. Team Leadership : build & successfully lead complex, diverse teams and grow current & future partners.
Relentless Drive : possess a desire to live and breathe the Client Ethos mindset. GBS Leadership : serve as a catalyst for client-centric change across IBM, sharing points of view and learnings with IBM Partners.
- Manage, develop and grow a portfolio of assigned Financial Services Clients.
- A keen focus on achieving assigned goals for signings, revenue and profit metrics.
- Executive delivery leadership of la variety consulting services and transformation projects
- Build deep client relationships
- Know your client's industry and business - understand their specific challenges and how IBM can help solve their most critical business imperatives.
- Demonstrate deep expertise in Financial Services - Retail/Commercial Banking, Consumer finance, Wealth Management, Capital market, Insurance
- Grow a deep relationship with the client; become a trusted advisor.
- Drive transformation agendas with a premium on innovation; expose clients to IBM's vast array of offerings, capabilities, and solutions.
- Develop a team of great leaders and consultants
- Establish a culture of mentorship & accountability within your client and delivery teams.
- Challenge your teams with work which will help them grow skills and progress their careers.
- Trust your teams to tackle important challenges and share credit in a fair and open manner.
- Deliver value and differentiated financial performance
- Build a diverse portfolio within your client, emphasizing client value.
- Deliver profit, signings and revenue, both quarterly and against a longer-term plan.
- Maintain a robust pipeline of new opportunities.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated leadership (10+ years) in the financial services industry or consulting services domain is mandatory for success in this role
- Consultative sales approach with strong performance across a portfolio of business
- Experience of accomplishment selling large, complex IT Services, digital transformation or outsourcing engagements
- Delivery experience of large, complex managed services or transformation projects
- Executive delivery leadership of large-scale services
- Extensive domain experience and an active network in the financial services industry
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Based in Seoul
- An undergraduate degree is required, MBA or equivalent is desired
- High level of integrity
- Strategic Advisor
- Proactive and high energy approach to getting business done
- Trail blazer who sees big picture
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top