Associate Partner Engineering, Procurement & Construction, EPC & EC&O
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Global Business Services (GBS) is expanding its Center of Competence (CoC) Industrial Products (IP) Practice. The objective of this team is to provide consulting services to drive/support sales and execution of IP engagements in Global markets. The CPIP CoC requires the best and the brightest subject matter experts (SME) with experience in development and execution of Major Capital Projects (MCP) and/or Projects for Private, Public Partnerships (PPP).
The SME accelerate the transformation in CPIP client organizations. Key efforts focus on the alignment and execution of IBM's Point of View, industry initiatives and key solution areas.
We are looking for someone to join our team with proven successful leadership skills in the following areas:
- Familiarity with hydrocarbon value chain from upstream, mid-stream to downstream and how projects are developed and executed. Understanding systems and processes of the business and the systems to support processes.
- Familiarity with Building Information Modeling (BIM) use in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry.
- Analytical skills and business judgment; excellent negotiating skills and desire to win clients.
- Experience delivering complex strategic and technology implementation projects to address multi-faceted issues, interfacing with senior executives, client SMEs and work effectively in teams.
- Feasibility Assessments and FEL/FEED package development, Engineering Systems and Design processes, Information Management, Project Management and Controls, Project Completions and Handover.
- Demonstrate solving complex business issues and delivering client satisfaction.
- Construction site and Commissioning experience is ideal.
- Collaborative - actively engaging IBM, our clients and our partner ecosystem, focus on integrated of IBM businesses. Eminence - demonstrating it in the marketplace via past project experiences or industry publications.
- Quality delivery - seamless delivery, outcome based results, and accelerated time to client value
- Active account management - develop and execute against a high-quality "live" account plan, to achieve financial and operational objectives and manage business risks.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
7 + years of experience in hydrocarbon value chain from upstream, mid-stream to downstream and how projects are developed and executed.
7+ years in Building Information Modeling (BIM) use in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry.
7+ years of experience delivering complex strategic and technology implementation projects to address multi-faceted issues, interfacing with senior executives, client SMEs and work effectively in teams.
7+ years of solving complex business issues and delivering client satisfaction.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
15 + years in Market leadership, client facing - credibility as a "trusted client advisor" and building influential relationships with CXO / LoB executives
15 + years of consultative selling - understanding of industry and client issues, proactive client ideation and problem solving.
10+ years of Provocative Point of Views (POVs) and proposal development - includes insightful, client centric analyses and business case development
Construction site and Commissioning experience is ideal.
IIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top