Associate Partner – Distribution Sector
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
In Canada, IBM Global Business Services' (GBS) Distribution Sector delivers strategic consulting and applications services.
Reporting to a Partner, the Associate Partner will maintain an effective business relationship with client management teams and influence the overall success of GBS offerings within the consumer market. Will work to determine the clients' needs and translate these needs into opportunities for IBM. Primary interfaces within IBM will be the GBS team (industry experts, solution owners, your GBS peers) and the client team (which has overall IBM account responsibility). This role will contribute to the development and delivery of solutions to the industry, based on first-hand experience. Candidates must understand the challenges faced by the industry today and will be inspired by the opportunity to work in a team to develop new processes and technologies to overcome these challenges. They will also have a background in operating strategy, and leveraging technology to envision and deliver new experiences to create client value.
The Associate Partner will lead the creation of new business opportunities within the distribution sector and will be accountable for success through to the end of client engagements. Candidates must have extensive sales and project delivery experience, a track-record of effective leadership and must be recognized as an expert within this industry.
This role will be accountable for the financial success and client satisfaction of engagements under their direction. Candidates will define criteria for the scope, risk and profitability of engagements, as well as the viability of new business opportunities. This individual will identify, qualify, assist, and manage the closing of new business and will develop lasting relationships based on mutual respect with clients' decision makers. The Associate Partner will significantly influence client satisfaction through knowledge of the retail and consumer industry and how that fits with the distribution sector. In addition, the Associate Partner will possess an ability to articulate solution value and leadership of services delivery and direct the development of new solution offerings or methods to support the penetration of new markets.
The Associate Partner will contribute to and be held accountable for the attainment of business objectives in their area of the practice. They will also support the health and development of the practice through regular communication and participation in mentoring and coaching activities. Candidates must be able to develop strong and trusted relationships with other areas of IBM and with team members to achieve quick responses to client demands.
• Experience working in and/or consulting to the distribution sector/retail, including intimate knowledge of current industry trends and challenges
• Experience with delivering experience strategy and digital solutions (mobile, web, portal)
• A relevant academic background, preferably with accreditation from a professional association
• At least 10 years of progressive post-graduate business experience
• Proven ability to communicate effectively at the executive level
• Demonstrated people management ability to lead and mentor staff of all levels
• Demonstrated business acumen including superior negotiation skills and contract/profit management
• Leadership skills and the ability to multi-task within a fast-paced and dynamic workplace
• Willing and able to travel as required
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years experience in business on trade promotion management and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications
- At least 5 years experience in distribution
- At least 5 years experience in the services industry at the executive, associate Partner/Partner level within the Distribution sector
- At least 5 years experience in Canadian companies in Retail
- English: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years experience in business on trade promotion management and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications
- At least 6 years experience in distribution
- At least 6 years experience in the services industry at the executive, associate Partner/Partner level within the Distribution sector
- At least 6 years experience in Canadian companies in Retail
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top