Associate Partner, Digital Business Strategy
Job Description Are you interested in helping companies reinvent themselves and their industries for the digital age? Do you want to leverage your business acumen and understanding of cutting edge technology to define a vision and strategy for how businesses will remain competitive and grow? Do you have an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset?
IBM Global Business Services is looking for talented and highly motivated, modern strategy consultants to join our Digital Business Strategy Consulting practice. As a Senior Managing or Managing Consultant, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team working with CEO's and the broader C-Suite to define how emerging technologies can enable disruptive strategies and create business value. You will help our clients rethink their business - guide them through the ideation process, reimagine their role in the industry as well as show them how to use digital to optimize and expand their core business.
Business leaders are addressing many challenges and opportunities in today's digital world. With our proven cognitive and other technology assets, methodologies, partnerships and research capabilities, IBM is uniquely positioned to help our clients navigate this shift. Our consultants act as trusted business advisors to our clients worldwide, helping them to define new business models and innovate how they address customers, markets and channels. Working across all major sectors, we craft unique and collaborative partnerships with our clients that drive growth, disruption and sustainable advantage.
To learn more about our Digital Business Strategy Practice, click here.
IBM Global Business Services is a leader in global transformation, and there is no better place to launch or further your career. World-class learning opportunities, mentoring and a flexible work environment-you will find a wealth of opportunities within IBM to create the career you've always imagined.
As an Associate Partner, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and leading development of new business opportunities.
- Being a trusted advisor for clients in building a new vision for their company.
- Overseeing a multi-disciplinary team of talented consultants and managers.
- Contributing to the growth and eminence of the practice through thought leadership and practice development activities
- Helping our clients explore disruptive strategies that create business value.
- Promoting IBM's unique value proposition in the market.
Required background & experience:
- 10 years of general consulting (or other equivalent business experience.)
- 4 years working for a top tier strategy consulting firm developing business strategies for clients and leading strategy engagements (or equivalent experience.)
- 2 years involvement in at least one aspect of a digital transformation (e.g., business modeling, digital marketing, digital growth strategies, etc.)
- 2 years of experience driving the sales of strategy engagements.
- 2 years of experience developing proposals and responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- 4 years of industry experience in at least one industry.
- Willingness to travel (domestically and globally) up to 4 days a week.
- Degree qualified
- Fluent in English
Preferred background & experience:
- 12 years of general consulting (or other equivalent business experience.)
- 6 years working for a top tier strategy consulting firm developing business strategies for clients and leading strategy engagements (or equivalent experience.)
- 3 years involvement in at least one aspect of a digital transformation (e.g., business modeling, digital marketing, digital growth strategies, etc.)
- 4 years of experience driving the sales of strategy engagements.
- 4 years of experience developing proposals and responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- 2 years of experience incorporating design thinking and creative approaches to problem solving and strategy formulation.
- 6 years of industry experience in at least one industry.
- Earned a Masters in Business Administration (strongly preferred) and/or another Masters or Advanced degree in business or technology
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top