Associate Partner - Consumer Goods, Retail, Travel & Transport
New technologies have permanently transformed how consumers communicate and interact with each other, as well as with Retailers and brands throughout the path to purchase. Agile innovators have taken advantage of technology to develop new business models, services and offerings that have not only disrupted the Consumer Goods, Retail, Travel & Transport landscape, but have also changed consumers' expectations. Manufacturers must respond by finding new ways to understand, engage and serve consumers in an always-on technology-addicted world. We believe that there are four imperatives that Consumer Goods, Retail, Travel & Transport companies must address in today's world, to win in the marketplace:
- Deliver a differentiated brand experience throughout the path to purchase
- Collaborate effectively with channel partners to meet evolving consumer shopping preferences
- Optimize supply and distribution networks by integrating demand and supply signals
- Reinvent enterprise processes and accelerate organizational agility to enable new growth
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) offers unmatched capabilities and opportunities to help Consumer Goods, Retail, Travel & Transport transform to become more responsive to their consumers and customers - from redesigning enterprise processes, experiences and infrastructure to creating new sources of value and driving greater efficiencies through Digital Reinvention™. We help our clients apply advanced technologies embedded with AI, automation and analytics to modernize IT infrastructure and optimize operations. In addition, IBM consultants help set a strategic course of action that takes advantage of outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise.
Reporting to a Partner, the Associate Partner will maintain effective business relationships with our clients' management teams and influence the overall success of GBS offerings within the Consumer Goods, Retail, Travel & Transport. S/he will work to determine clients' needs and translate these into opportunities for IBM. Primary interfaces within IBM will be the GBS team (industry experts, solution owners, and GBS peers) and the client account teams.
The Associate Partner is responsible for developing extensive executive and senior management relationships in client organizations which leads to being viewed as a "trusted advisor." S/he will develop an extensive portfolio of strategic opportunities within Consumer Goods, Retail, Travel & Transport and select the most attractive opportunities based on proactive market screening, account targeting and business analysis techniques for potential engagement.
Candidates must have extensive sales experience, a track-record of effective leadership and must be recognized as an expert within the afore-mentioned industries. They should have shown industry expertise through publishing of white papers and / or presenting to c-suite on the trends and future of the Consumer Goods, Retail, Travel & Transport.
The candidate will be accountable for the financial success and client satisfaction of engagements under his/her direction. S/he will define criteria for the scope, risk and profitability of engagements, as well as the viability of new business opportunities. This individual will identify, qualify, assist, and manage the closing of new business. In addition, s/he should possess the ability to articulate solution value and leadership in services delivery.
The candidate will contribute to and be accountable for the attainment of business objectives in his/her area of practice. S/he will also support the health and development of the practice through regular communication and participation in mentoring and coaching activities. Must be able to develop strong and trusted relationships with other areas of IBM and with team members to achieve quick responses to client demands.
A successful candidate will need to stay ahead of this fast-changing industry and be responsible for the biggest, most competitive "big game hunts" in the market.
In summary, the Associate Partner would have the following key responsibilities:
- Help grow the Consumer Goods, Retail, Travel & Transport faster than market in revenue and sales
- Drive IBM's focus on commerce, cloud, analytics, mobile, social, security, and business / technology services within these industries
- Focus on driving transformational opportunities with our global Consumer Goods, Retail, Travel & Transport Additional Background:
- Understanding of the transformation challenges and opportunities in Consumer Goods, Retail, Travel & Transport
- Understanding of the nuances between Consumer Goods, Retail, Travel & Transport Products segments and their typical enterprise processes
- Understanding in general terms of Consumer Goods, Retail, Travel & Transport Products applications offered by Oracle, SAP, Manhattan, JDA and IBM
- Understanding of the importance of digital transformation, enterprise security, use of cloud, mobile, and business analytics in Consumer Goods, Retail, Travel & Transport
The successful candidate will be a life-long learner energized by the disruption and opportunities in the Consumer Goods, Retail, Travel & Transport space and eager to apply the latest technology and thinking to solve client problems. This creative individual will have a strong track record of selling into Consumer Goods, Retail, Travel & Transport clients and will have deep experience working with executives in these industries.
Must be both a hard-charger and a strong-collaborator, having demonstrated the ability to successfully work across organizational lines to unite others to "get it done now." Must have the energy and passion to lead and inspire others. S/he will be a great communicator, have experience presenting and selling to C-level executives and be comfortable having accountability for highly visible clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 12+ years of increasing responsibility and track record of success in a consulting, operations, and/or business development role for Consumer Goods, Retail, Travel & Transport
- Managed a portfolio of referenceable clients, where s/he enabled broad business transformation through application of industry solutions
- 7+ years of consulting experience with a top tier professional services firm (preferred)
- Proven ability to develop negotiation strategies that win engagements
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at an executive level
- Demonstrated people management ability to lead and mentor staff at all levels
- Willing and able to travel as required
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top