Associate Partner, Cloud Consulting (Financial Services)
- San Francisco, CA
As a Associate Partner, you will support IBM's consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM's top technologies. If you're ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are currently seeking an experienced Associate Partner, Cloud Consulting for our Financial Services Cloud Application Services (CAS) Practice. We advise clients on strategy and implementation of innovative and complex cloud-based transformational solutions that enable our clients to become efficient and able to provide value added partnering support to their businesses. The core of this role is working with banking and financial services clients to support their cloud migration, cloud native development, DevOps requirements.
The Cloud Consulting team assumes the transformation of all or part of our clients' application portfolio and portions of infrastructure to the cloud in support of their digital transformation journey. IBM applies its deep business and technology skills, leading innovation and world-class business processes to help clients maximize benefit from leveraging Cloud technology. A true multi-cloud consultancy, our team works with AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, Google and others to provide the right solution for our clients.
Associate Partners typically perform activities that support and manage the ongoing development of their practice area and lead the creation of new business opportunities with accountability for success through to the end of the engagement.
The Associate Partner, cloud services uses their experience leading the design, sales, and implementation of cloud solutions to help their financial sector clients succeed in their journey to cloud. The Associate Partner is experienced in Microservices development and / or Migration & Modernization to cloud and has understanding of the current cloud solutions from industry leader IaaS, PaaS and SaaS providers.
An Associate Partner assigned to this position is expected to have the experience and knowledge needed to help create and close new business opportunities and be accountable for managing the financial success of that business. This requires that they be capable of understanding the services engagements in their area of expertise with a demonstrated mastery of the appropriate methods and skills needed to drive future revenue and client satisfaction.
They must develop strong and trusted relationships with other areas of IBM and team members to achieve quick responses to client demands. This position requires the skills needed to win client trust and confidence leading to the acceptance of new proposals in a manner that supports and reinforces business objectives within their area of practice. They are expected to identify new business opportunities, lead the development of solutions supporting that opportunity, and to win that business for IBM.
When not participating in new business development or bid and proposal activity, the Associate Partner is expected to participate in ongoing billable client activities where follow-on efforts are visualized, participate in the resolution of critical situations, participate in related Financial Sector, Solution Area , or Community activities, and monitor the health of the cloud professional services practice in the Financial sector.
- P erform activities that support and manage the ongoing development of the practice and leading the creation of new business opportunities with accountability for success through to the end of engagements (fr om sales through solution design to delivery);
- Identify, validate and drive new Hybrid and MultiCloud opportunities ( Advisory, Migration, Modernization, Microservices/Development, DevOps, or AppOs in a cloud-based solution) in the financial services clients;
- Leverage knowledge & experience to design hybrid cloud multi-cloud solutions which best meet the client's business needs;
- Define criteria for the scope, risk and profitability of engagements,
- Identify, qualify, assist, and manage the closing of new business.
- Build and maintain an effective business relationship with the client's senior management team;
- Lead, perform and mentor on consulting engagement pursuits. This includes participating in client opportunity identification and qualification calls, understanding client needs and objectives, articulating and formulating solutions design for proposals and statements of work that align to the client needs while managing delivery risk and working with the sales team through deal progression and signing;
- Be accountable for the financial success and client satisfaction of engagements under their direction.
- Develop and maintain lasting relationships based on mutual respect with our client's decision makers.
- Significantly influence client satisfaction with IBM through knowledge of industry, ability to articulate solution value, and services delivery.
- Generate new sales typically in the range of $5M - 10M US annually and to oversee projects with an annual revenue of $5M
- Support the delivery of multi-cloud and hybrid cloud projects as executive delivery leader;
- Maintain and grow familiarity and understanding of leading IaaS, PaaS & SaaS environments from leading vendors such as AWS, Microsoft, Google, RedHat and IBM.
- Help define, plan & execute capacity/recruitment and capability building programs within the practice.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong industry knowledge and experience working with banking, insurance or other financial institutions;
- Functional and/or technical knowledge of the many aspects of systems development and management processes and methods;
- Successful services sales track record and services delivery experience including cloud-based solutions;
- Proven track record in developing strong client relationships with a focus at the executive levels in banking, insurance or other financial institutions;
- Proven track record in delivering successful projects and large-scale programs;
- Exposure to and understanding of consulting services;
- Strong communication skills including extensive experience dealing at the executive level;
- Strong project management skills;
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated people management ability of senior staff;
- Demonstrated business acumen including negotiation skills and contact/profit management;
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to multitask within a fast paced and dynamic workplace.
- 2 years in similar consulting or practice management role;
- 8-10 years of consulting experience in Canada and/or globally with working knowledge of key operations and/or systems;
- Demonstrated end-to-end application solution delivery in a cloud environment;
- Experience with Agile methods & DevOps;
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top