Associate Offering Manager Program
IBM is transforming product management and has created a new discipline called IBM Offering Management. The Associate Offering Manager (AOM) Program is the cornerstone of this transformation. The AOM Program recruits and develops early-career, technically-minded entrepreneurs to join offering teams who are solving complex problems in a changing world. We THINK big.
We look for emerging leaders who are entrepreneurial, adaptable, analytical, persuasive, empathetic, tenacious and creative problem solvers. We also look for those who have been exposed to, and are well versed in, both business and technology concepts.
Our AOMs operate in a demanding role at the epicenter of multidisciplinary teams which include design, engineering, sales, marketing, finance and legal. These offering teams serve our customers' needs under ever-shifting circumstances and have passion for solving user problems with technology.
When considering applicants for this role, we look for education and background in areas such as innovation, entrepreneurship, engineering, computer science, market/user research, design thinking, technology commercialization, business and go-to-market practices.
We look for candidates who exhibit the aptitude and experience relevant to product management. There are two levels of AOMs based on education, experience and skills. By applying to this job posting, you will be considered for the level that fits you best.
As the voice of the business and users, Associate OMs:
- Articulate markets, research users and define competitive landscape
- Innovate with established & emerging technology - software, hardware and services
- Act as change agents and champion strategic initiatives, partnerships and acquisitions
- Develop and execute roadmaps, business models and go-to-market plans
- Collaborate closely with design and engineering to ship offerings
- Partner with and enable sales, marketing, finance and legal
- Define pricing, packaging, positioning, then measure (everything)
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- minimum 6 months of job related (product management) experience including academic and internships
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- minimum 1 year job related (product management) experience including academic, post-academic and internships
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top