Assistant Contractor Special Security Officer (ACSSO)
IBM is looking for a Security Professional (ACSSO- Assistant Contractor Special Security Officer to work at the Thomas J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, NY.
The Security Professional will act as the ACSSO supporting program security management. They will be responsible for interpreting, disseminating, and implementing SCI ( SCI- Sensitive Compartmented Information) and NISPOM ( National Industrial Security Program Oversight Manual) program security requirements. This includes personnel, physical, procedural, TEMPEST, AIS, and COMSEC ( Communication Security) .
In addition, the Security Professional will develop and monitor security practices and procedures. In carrying out their responsibilities, they will:
- Perform security duties while reporting directly to the Security Manager for classified programs.
- Will have oversight of all facets of a comprehensive security program for classified programs and government customers.
- Collaborate effectively with security peers, business colleagues, and other functional managers at the program level.
- Demonstrate a firm understanding across all disciplines of the security field, with little or no supervision.
- Execute administrative tasks supporting Physical Security, Personnel Security, Visitor Control, Security Inspections, Education Awareness and Training, and DD254 Management.
- Manage SCIF and Closed Area buildouts.
- Have a solid understanding of the Security Education and Awareness requirements across DoD and SCI programs.
- Have a broad understanding of the DoD, and Intelligence Communities and be able to deal effectively with a diverse set of unique and complex government customers.
- Confident to make critical security decisions for dynamic programs that support high value contracts.
- Build and maintain strong customer and program management relationships.
- Some travel required.
- Problem solving is addressed through a combination of requirements understanding, analysis of alternatives, and engagement with program managers and other stakeholders.
- COMSEC custodian
- Conduct self-inspections to maintain a compliant security posture.
- Responsible for ensuring couriers have been properly briefed.
- Coordinates personnel security actions: incoming and outgoing visit requests; processes new clearance information; upgrade clearances; and periodic renewals using the DOD Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), as well as a USG database system. Scattered Castles experience.
- Responsible for responding to emergencies and alarms.
- Other duties as assigned.
***This position requires US Citizenship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 3 years' experience OR, if no degree, minimum of 5 years' industrial security experience.
- Windows and MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance.
- Experience with NISPOM requirements and ICDs.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Current security clearance
- ISSO experience
- COMSEC Custodian experience
- Counterintelligence, Insider Threat and OPSEC awareness training
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top