Asset Management Analyst
- Research software products to determine correct Workstation, Distributed and MidRangesignature data is updated for licensable software.
- Initiate requests for technical practitioners to validate technical data for signature research purposes.
- Ensure Signature Bank/SWKBT is updated with correct signatures
- Resolve discrepancies with inaccurate signatures causing "false hits"
- Monitor and initiate requests to update signature catalogs in scan tool infrastructures/scripts, as required
- Lead / implement multiple specific projects from Global Signature Team, e.g. OS Deficiencies Project to remove deficiencies issues existing on the operating system across global Lpars and accounts; Initiate T&C (Terms and Conditions) to detect product group at component/engine driver level; Close detection gap between Bravo and Contract Schedule, etc.
- Use SQL to generate standard/ad-hoc reports from Signature DB
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Basic skill required:
- Above 2-3 year related working experience.
- CET6 with good oral/written English.
- Excel enhanced functions and formulas
- SQL skills and experience of databases /system in previous jobs is preferred.
- VBA in Excel is advantageous
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Eye for details
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Bachelor degree in Computer/English or other related major
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top