Asia Pacific Technical Sales Leader - IBM Cloud Platform
This is a technical sales leadership role at Asia Pacific level for IBM Cloud Platform (IaaS) offering. This is a functional leadership role where team is spread across 4 markets within AP - India & South Asia, Australia & New Zealand, South Korea and ASEAN.
- Provide functional leadership to in-market tech sales teams focused on selling IBM Cloud Platform. This team supports the engagement process, from initial exploratory discussions and technical evaluation through to delivery handoff.
- Apply experience, practical knowledge and judgment in driving the technical sales process, which may include PoCs, across multi-level internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with sales leadership for IBM Cloud Platform in understanding & shaping sales strategy and aligning tech sales team with the sales strategy.
- Work closely with channel management team to develop skills among partners and scale business through partner organization.
- Build relationships with the global offering management team to bring understanding of regional customer product requirements including how it relates to roadmap. Identify opportunities for service development and innovative solutions, feeding back into our Offering Management team.
- Build relationship and drive cloud business and technical sales agenda through internal business units within IBM like GTS, GBS.
- Personally, drive and sponsor large deals that typically have complex sales cycles.
- Travel extensively in your region in support of customer & partner engagement activities.
- Bring technical credibility in the technical engagement process, presenting and engaging confidently with stakeholders at a cross-functional level technically, commercial and marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related Engineering degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Managing teams across APAC in matrix organization
- Experience in selling or implementing IaaS offering like AWS, Azure etc.
- Extensive carrier network architecture knowledge and a good understanding of network
- Experience in selling compute, storage, network and security infrastructure offerings like routers, firewall, load balancers, servers, storage etc.
- Experience with VMware technology like NSX & vSAN is preferred.
- Ability to travel across APAC.
- Experience in engaging directly with customers in architecture discussions and best practices at CxO level.
- Possess strong communications skills and the ability to build trust and integrity in your relationships with stakeholders
- Compelling presenter with excellent communication skills to represent IBM Cloud. Ability to present confidently to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with application and software is preferred.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Refer to job description
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Refer to job description
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top