AS/400 Server Administrator
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Administration of account servers. (24H * 365D)
- Maintain server availability.
- Keep the server security according to IBM security process (System HC, APAR, ID revalidation etc.)
- O/S up-grade and patch (Individual PTF, Group PTF and Cum.)
- Problem and Change management based on IBM process
- Server operation (Refresh, Rebuild, Upgrade, Monitoring, Data backup and process manage)
- Resolve the H/W, O/S and sub system issue.
- System backup and restore (Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly)
- Supporting DPE and Application team request.
- Provide monthly performance report.
- Performance tuning and dynamic resource management (LPAR)
- HA monitoring and management.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Working knowledge of IBM i V7R1 and above.
- Working knowledge of HMC Operation.
- Working knowledge of system maintenance (STRSST)
- Working knowledge of dynamic resource management (Tape, Optical CD, CPU, Memory etc.)
- Working knowledge of AS400 or iSeries Navigator
- Can be determination problem about H/W and O/S (Need report RCA)
- Basic knowledge of CL Programming (Need simple source coding)
- Basic knowledge of Vision Solutions software(iTERA)
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top