The ideal candidate will:
1. Responsible for describing the SAP landscape maintenance strategies, transporting SAP code, provide application support, enhancements and new features, while planning and ensuring successful implementation and maintenance of the latest SAP versions given during the project scope, budget, timeline and various constraints.
2. Responsible for providing solutions for preventive maintenance of issues and logic for improving performance of existing system and be responsible to deliver high quality product in adherence to the Norfolk Southern (Customer) quality processes and IBM's processes customized for client.
3. Performing analysis of business problems and provides technological solutions, primarily around design platforms which include requirements analysis, operational concept development, system design (High/Low level System Design), component integration, and design reviews and platform testing and Managing tasks and priorities of Project charter including costs, tasks, Deployment Plan and GO/NO GO call throughout the life cycle of projects to ensure excellence in product/service delivery and customer satisfaction.
5. Responsible for analyzing the business and its requirements and recommend steps to facilitate decommissioning, and data disposition for a list of applications that will have been reviewed and agreed to by client.
6. Write technical solutions and present them to the business specialists for review and validations.
7. Co-ordinate with the development teams daily to explain the design specifications. He will be able to analyze the existing application and can identify the repetitive task and automate the process.
8. Responsible for identifying the pro-active solution and will raise an enhancement request with the business.
9. Participate in review meetings and review of deliverables
10. Responsible to interact with Business partners on process improvements.
11. lead the development of automated tools.
12. Responsible for implementing best practices in SAP, looking after performance improvement for the SAP systems.
13. Responsible to provide Technical Management for whole SAP Basis team from onsite, gathering and consolidating technical information required to execute SAP Basis related activities and facilitate delivery from offshore, interacting with the client and complete deliverables on time.
14. Responsibilities would also include, performing peer reviews of changes and technical documents, perform testing and get a testing signoff from the client.
15. Assist the delivery project executive in daily project management tasks. He would further be helping the project by creating process design documents, process flow logics and reusable documents for SAP systems.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
2-3 Yrs on SAP HANA Administration
7-8 Yrs on SAP Solution Manager
7-8 Yrs on SAP Business Objects
7-8 Yrs on SAP Basis, Upgrades, OS/DB migration
3-4 Yrs on SAP GRC - Governance Risk and Compliance
4-5 Yrs on Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, SAP HANA Database version 1.0 and 2.0.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
ITIL Foundation Certified
1-2 Yrs in Portal
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top