Architect (Java) - IBM iX, New York, NY
What would it be like to work for a digital agency network like no other? The IBM iX New York Studio is seeking an Architect (Java) who is eager to find out. You will have the proven experience and knowledge needed to lead business opportunities and deliver technology solutions for new and existing clients.
- Work with User Experience specialists and Business Analysts to determine business and design and develop full-stack solutions to meet those needs
- Analyze business requirements and technical specifications, and define physical and logical architectures
- Ability to play a client-facing role in large and complex organizations, preferably has experience in an agency environment
- Review project estimates and assess impact of project risks
- Actively participate in relevant project meetings, proactively identify and communicate solutions to the team and communicate status and issues in a concise, informative and timely manner.
- Support vendor evaluation and decisions on technology investments
The Architect will have the ability to work within a team of full stack developers; working knowledge of development tools, testing tools, and version control systems, including SVN, Git. the Architect will also be willing to travel as necessary based on project requirements (up to 75%)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 4 years building distributed systems using MVC-based, service-oriented architectures
- Minimum 4 years utilizing Java tools in web and client-server environments including Java Platform, J2EE, JDBC technologies, and working experience with XML/JSON and AJAX
- Experience using MVC framework, Java/J2EE, Eclipse, JSON and Java SOAP and REST services
- Minimum 2 years working with Acquia/Drupal and/or Adobe Experience Manager content management systems
- Working knowledge of frameworks and tool sets, specifically Gradle, Spring IoC, JUnit, and Log4J
- Experience in basic algorithms and approaches and optimization
- Experience in OOD, Implementation, and Design patterns, Memory management, multi-thread decision and utilization
- Experience with SQL Database principles and Data Architecture/Modeling
- Hands-on experience working in cloud including development, build and deploy of microservices on one of the following technologies: IBM Cloud, AWS, Rackspace
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience using Hibernate and understanding ORMs is a plus.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top