The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity theft , fraud etc. IBM® Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defences and proven experts, so come make a difference & build a career.
What is your job?
As an AppOps engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for developing and maintaining IBM Security services in the Cloud. You will be involved on how to bring these services to market with the use of micro service architecture and selecting the latest technologies in order to achieve business requirements. You will have a strong technical background which enable you to troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments. You will provide knowledge sharing to other team members with regard to technologies and new procedures. You must be proficient in working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment requiring strong communication and teamwork skills as well as the ability to adapt to shifting priorities. Preferably, you have experience with Artificial Intelligence and analytics toolkits.
Why work at IBM Security:
- Ability to work for one of the most advanced cybersecurity companies in the world
- Use the most modern software development tools to work on the leading edge of software development, building micro-services based cloud-first infrastructure
- Work in a team-oriented environment
- Work with a globally-distributed and international team, with a culture centred on success.
- One of the worlds most Trusted Brands.
- Opportunities for personal growth and charitable giving, such as the joining the IBM On Demand Community and the IBM Corporate Service Corps
- Opportunities for global travel
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- Strong progressive career opportunities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in development, operations or systems administration.
- 1 year of hands on experience defining, deploying and maintaining infrastructure for the building, testing and monitoring of highly scalable multi-tenant enterprise solutions.
- Solid understanding of agile software development life cycle, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Knowledge of core concepts of DevOps
- Experience with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Ansible, and Python.
- Strong Linux Skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in Software Development
- Fundamental understanding of Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning
- Experience with Urban Code Deploy
- Experience with Analytics solutions/toolkits.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top