Application Developer–Mobile/Blockchain/VR Solutions-Coop (Toronto,ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available - the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 4 (co-op) month work term commencing January 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The IBM Interactive Experience (https://www- 935.ibm.com/services/ibmix/) develops complete digital experience for our customers.
Our Canadian Digital Solution development team is a global leader in providing clients with Web, Mobile, Virtual Reality, or API development services based on emerging technologies. We design and develop custom solutions for a variety of device platforms including Responsive Web, iPhone, Android, Oculus Rift, Apple TV, and Blockchain.
We are also helping our client build the next generation of digital solutions that are cloud enabled and powered by cognitive using IBM Bluemix Cloud Platform and IBM Watson Solutions and APIs.
This position is for the IBM iX team based in Downtown Toronto.
Our team is looking for enthusiastic and driven Application Developers with full stack application development skills.
Do you live and breathe mobile? Are you that person who sees opportunity everywhere for digital technology to improve experiences? Can you collaborate and push the envelope to design, develop and implement leading applications for our clients? We want your skills and experience.
Bring us your work portfolio and let's talk!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Minimum of 4-months internship/co-op experience in application development Experience developing rich mobile/web user interfaces, component and widgets using one of iOS Swift, Android (Java/Kotlin), Angular, ReactJS, React Native
- Detail oriented, creative, resourceful and able to work independently as well as part of a larger team
- Keen eye for details and quality at both the code level and the overall application design
- Knowledge of different solution/software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Extreme Programming)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in ARCore / ARKit or Unity / Unreal
- Understanding of API specs and knowledge of how to create them (REST APIs) in either NodeJS or Java
- Experience creating native Android applications or native iOS applications
- Experience with cloud platforms including AwS, Bluemix and Azure
- Experience with Source Control (Git/SVN), DevOps (Bamboo, Jenkins), Test Automation Tools
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top