Application Developer-Mobile for IOS and Android
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM's highest performing delivery centres worldwide - for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development - staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia's ICT industry, especially in talent development.
Our team is looking for enthusiastic and driven Application Developers with skills in developing mobile applications. Do you live and breathe mobile? Are you that person who sees opportunity everywhere for mobile technology to improve experiences?
Experience in Java and J2EE technologies such as Spring, Hibernate
Experience in SQL or database design/management is an advantage
Detail-oriented and creative
Development with mobile native technologies, architecture, frameworks and Application Program Interfaces (APIs) on the Android and IOS platform and
Experience in several different solution development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Extreme Programming) and with all phases of the Systems Development Lifecyce (SDLC)
Basic knowledge in common development tools such as Eclipse, Worklight Studio, Rational Team Concert, Android Software Development Kit
Mobile development technologies such as iOS, HTML5, Hybrid, AngularJS, NodeJS, or Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) Spring frameworks
Experience in development with mobile native technologies, architecture, frameworks and
4 years in several different solution development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Extreme Programming) and with all phases of the Systems Development Lifecyce (SDLC)
4 years in common development tools such as Eclipse, Worklight Studio, Rational Team Concert, Android Software Development Kit (SDK), Subversion (SVN), Git
4 years in other mobile development technologies such as iOS, HTML5, Hybrid, or Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) Spring frameworks
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 4 years experience in Java and XML (development as well as maintenance)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 5 years experience in one or more of the following technologies: AngularJS, iOS native, MobileFirst (Worklight)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top