Application Developer - UI
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are: As a Technical architect
- You will work cross-functionally within a team of other specialists and have strong influencing and leadership skills- Generalist technical knowledge within department and working knowledge of major system component interactions
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation
- Good understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices.
- Be the technical evangelist for the project and provide technical leadership to project teams and stakeholders
- Captures both functional and non-functional (i.e., life cycle cost, performance, and/or flexibility, scalability, security) business requirements on how the system should work over time.
- Write high-quality components with emphasis on security, performance, and scalability
- Participate actively and contribute to design and development discussions
- Perform technical analysis to present pros and cons of various solutions for specific requirement
- Define implementation approaches, algorithms and code structure to meet the requirements.
- An individual has to be creative and technology savvy, driven to produce results and demonstrates the ability to take a cross-team leadership role.
- Your responsibility includes defining, prototyping and recommending the technology solutions, detailing the implementation design and identifying collaborates with other products for integration.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to be come the expert you want to be.
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
- You will have the opportunity to work in many different areas to determine what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Should have 8+years experience as a technical architect
- Core Java, J2EE, Oracle/MySQL, Web Services (SOAP & REST), Interoperability Standards(JSON,API Mgmt, XML) , Micro Services
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong arithmetic abilities and good grasp of mathematical operations.
- Ability to drill-down and perform root-cause analysis.
- Web technologies: Angular JS, Node.JS, AJAX, Bootstrap
- Strong experience in Core Java and JEE coding capabilities and experience of architecting, design and developing different reusable components
- Experience in tuning of Java/JEE products and suggest improvements
- Experience in AWS Cloud and SQL/ PL SQL .Should be familiar with mobile app development
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top