Application Developer: SAP ABAP HANA
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM SAP Practice is seeking candidates with experience in implementing SAP Advanced Business Applications Programming (ABAP) on High Performance Analytic Appliance (HANA). The SAP ABAP on HANA Practitioners would possess the knowledge of the following topics and apply them to bring in value and innovation to client engagements: SAP HANA Technical Concept and Architecture, Data Modelling using HANA Studio, ABAP Development Tools (ADT), Code Performance Rules and Guidelines for SAP HANA, ADBC, Native SQL, ABAP Core data Services, Data Base Procedures, Text Search, ALV on HANA, and HANA Live models consumption.
Experience with one or more of the following application components - C/4 HANA, BW/4 HANA, SAP Fiori, SAP MGD, IBP, Ariba, and SuccessFactors.
Responsible to provide high level designs and quick solutions for GAP's. Need to come out with SAP development options for resolving the GAP's and providing development efforts including complexity of the effort and estimates. The candidate will have experience in coordinating with offshore and remote teams for Technical specification, coding, unit testing, and integration deliverables
IBM and SAP work together to create customized solutions that increase customer value, enhance the customer experience and establish your presence in the digital economy. As part of our team, you will lead one of our teams that is responsible for engineering SAP solutions for IBM's core business processes. This position requires strong collaboration and teamwork across team and organizational boundaries.
With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM's GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of.
Your day in the role will include...
- Responsible for consulting/development/implementation/upgrade and support of complex SAP project that involves various SAP ABAP based tools/technologies/WRICEF objects
- Lead a team of experienced/trained ABAP consultants in one or more project to deliver WRICEF objects on time following SAP/IBM/client provided guidelines and best practices
- Strong hands-on experience in development / review of functional specs, technical specs, complexity, effort estimation, coding, unit testing in ABAP.
- Proven experience in analysis and remediation of issues in the SAP and/or 3 rd party ABAP based solution when assigned in a support project.
- Collaborate within multi-cultural/multi-language/multi-location team to prioritize and work on tight schedule
- Leading ABAP development team in client implementation projects
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 9 years of hands-on coding experience in ABAP with in-depth knowledge of as many of the following:
- ABAP Data Dictionary
- Reports (Standard and ALV)
- Forms (SAP Script / Smart Forms / Adobe Forms)
- Webservices, Proxy
- OO ABAP
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience in ABAP HANA with good understanding of as many of the following:
- Basic HANA Architecture
- Code pushdown concept
- Business Suite on HANA
- S/4 HANA
- OData Service
- Basics of Fiori and its customization in the backend and UI
- Features of New Open SQL
- Code Pushdown - Top Down Approach
- Code Pushdown - Bottom up approach
- CDS Views and AMDP
- HANA Studio and ADT
- Eclipse based IDE
- Different features of ADT
- HANA Custom Code Migration
- Functional Modification of Custom Code
- Performance optimization of Custom Code
- HANA Migration Golden SQL Rules
- SQL Performance Optimization tools (ATC, SCI and SCII)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience on working as ABAP Development Lead with responsibility of timely delivery of ABAP deliverables by working closely with client, stakeholders
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following:
- ABAP HR, ABAP CRM, ABAP APO, ABAP SRM, ABAP EWM, ABAP ISU
- Relevant certification from SAP
- Ambitious and self-motivated individual who can work towards agreed targets/goals.
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top