Application Developer: Portals
IBM India's solutions and services span all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a vibrant group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals, designed specifically to be the source of market-leading Industry consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model, all designed to become the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world. IBM GBS provides Value-led and Asset-powered end to end solutions with global footprint in over 170 countries and empowers clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also to transform them for a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world.
Who you are:
- You may design, develop and/or re-engineer highly complex application components, and integrate software packages, programs and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms.
- Speciality focuses on a portfolio of services, toolkits, method, technologies and templates used to plan, select, design, deploy and implement portal solutions to clients.
- You will be a Portal Developer and be expected to pick up any of the development tasks associated with a typical Portal-WCM project.
- Implement solutions and deploy to our development environment and unit test.
- Complete deployment documentation and deploy solutions to our Integration environment.
- Conduct formal peer reviews and adhere to deadlines.
- Create design documents when required
- Support solutions through formal QA and UAT.
- Fix any bugs and update bug tracking tool appropriately
- Build and maintain Business knowledge, technical expertise and knowledge of the development environments and the configuration of our various Portal based products
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in J2EE (JavaSpring Boot, Hibernate and Web Technologies) and IBM Portal Server 8 IBM WCM
- Proficient in Servlet, JSP, JDBC
- Proficient in Web Sphere Portal Server 6.0, 6.1 and JSR 286 Portlet.
- Proficient in Development in J2EE technology
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Solid experience in WebSphere Portal Server (V 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, 8.0) with WebSphere Application Server would be an added advantage.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top