Application Developer for Business Analytics Solutions
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Objective of the job:
This position is part of a team of Finance Analytics Solution Developers specialized for IT support of IBM's internal Finance processes. This role will develop, test, deploy and maintain Analytics solutions for internal users of IBM Finance. The successful candidate will analyze prioritized customer requirements, provide recommendation on technical implementation and drive the development of IT solutions that involves data engagement, ETL (Extract, Transform and Load), data warehousing and visualization. Tasks might also include provision of end user support, ad-hoc consultancy and education to the end user community.
- Working as active member of an Agile squad through bi-weekly, pre-planned iterations according to prioritized business epics of the product owner;
- Implementing new Analytics solutions and assets leveraging diverse programming languages (such as Python, Java, NodeJS) and applications for ETL and visualization (e.g. Spark, Kafka, Airflow and Cognos Analytics);
- Supporting the operation/maintenance of existing production Analytics assets and performing regular maintenance;
- Following the rules, guidelines and recommendations of the internal Analytics service provider and collaborating with its support function to troubleshoot any product bugs;
- Participating in Agile ceremonies (e.g. iteration planning, standup, showcase, retrospective) to contribute to the breakdown of user stories and discuss status of project requirements, tasks, blockers; providing input about completed and closed items;
- Continuously looking for opportunities to transform existing Analytics processes and being innovative in applied analytics techniques and business processes considering potential risks;
- Developing own technical skills and knowledge aligned with business strategy. Building the gathered knowledge into team knowledge;
- Educating users about Cognos Analytics capabilities. Looking for the gaps where any education is needed and making proposal for it as appropriate;
- Building own network of technical experts
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Required skills, education and experience:
- University or college degree in IT field;
- Fluent English (written and verbal)
- Experience in Business Analytics (SQL, relational DB);
- Experience with Python;
- Self-education skill;
- Creative and proactive thinking;
- Customer orientation;
- Teaming and collaboration;
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred skills and experience:
- Finance and/or accounting background /knowledge;
- Watson Compare & Comply
- Spark, Kafka, Airflow;
- Experience with ETL and Data Warehousing;
- Experience with Java;
- Experience with NodeJS;
- Cognos Analytics, SPSS, DataStage skills;
- Experience with Agile;
- Working in a multinational environment
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top