Application Developer: COGNOS.BI
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a vibrant group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals, designed specifically to be the source of market-leading Industry consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome based delivery model, all designed to become the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world. IBM GBS provides Value-led and Asset-powered end to end solutions with global footprint in over 170 countries and empowers clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also to transform them for a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world.
Who you are:
- Cognos developer is responsible for developing software applications
- You will be involved in software development project methodology and the creation of BI (Business Intelligence)
- Design, build, and manage solutions using Cognos BI (Business Intelligence), a software tool that combines all the functions of performance management such as Reporting, Analysis, Score carding, Data Integration, Event management, Dashboards, and more.
- You will translate user requirements into technical specifications, as well as design and develop framework manager models.
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience
- Hands on Experience in report development using Cognos/TM1, QlikView, Tableau, Power BI
- Writing complex SQL for modern database engines such as DB2, Oracle , SQLServer..etc
- Well versed with Data warehouse concepts
- Knowledge on Conceptual, Logical & Physical model concepts
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- English: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top