Application Developer: Cloud.Microservices
As IBM Egypt continues to expand, we will be looking for Application Developers: Cloud Microservices in the coming months. Please apply to register your interest.
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. In Africa, we've been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
The Microservices Developer in this job role should have:
- Expertise in translating IT requirements in the design, development, and assembly of components to create custom information systems. Typical examples of the deliverables are functional and technical designs, models
- Ability to understand business functions and user stories, decompose them into technical specifications, and develop working Microservices code for a hybrid cloud environment.
- Complete lifecycle experience in developing and delivering complex Microservices solutions across multiple technologies and cloud platforms, including IBM Cloud, AWS, or MS Azure
- Experience in working in a PaaS environment, such as IBM Cloud or Pivotal
- Experience in cloud-ready application development using programming technologies (e.g., Angular.js, React, Node.js, Java, etc.), programming frameworks (e.g., Spring Boot/Cloud, MicroProfile, etc.), NoSql DBs (like MongoDB, Cloudant), and RESTful API development with JSON.
- Understanding of the principles of using containers to deploy microservices, especially Docker continers managed through Kubernetes
- Understanding of design principles of a 12 factor app, and design and develop applications based on those principles
- Experience in working in Agile squads consisting of other IT Architects, Business Analysts, Developers, and Testers, with squads that are both co-located and distributed onshore and offshore. The candidate must also be comfortable in working on-site with commercial clients
- Working knowledge of a Continuous Delivery automated tool chain, including Agile task management, continuous build/integration/deploy, automated testing, environment provisioning, and monitoring
- Understanding of how to design and develop for performance and scalability, and to meet the overall non-functional requirements of the system
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top