Application Developer - Backend
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM CIC Baltic Custom Development department is looking for a backend developer. In this role you will use the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software. You'll be responsible for ensuring that software components are expertly designed, tested, debugged, verified, and ready for integration into IBM's best-of-breed solutions that help our clients improve their business outcomes in the global marketplace.
- Work in an agile, project-centric, team-focused environment.
- Travel to clients outside the country to gather and define requirements.
- Develop high quality, scalable and maintainable solutions with a focus on backend systems and related technologies.
- Perform unit and integration testing.
- Continuously learn new methodologies and technologies.
- Share your knowledge within the organization.
- To be part of international projects based on your experience, career goals and personal aspirations.
- Premium, full life-cycle work experience on high-profile IT solutions with direct impact on people and businesses.
- Possibilities to apply the latest methodologies and technology in your daily work.
- Personalized professional growth, mentoring, training and clear career progression.
- Flexible work & life balance.
- Remote work opportunities.
- Travelling around the globe to meet different cultures and work environments.
- Compensation according to the market top rates.
- Private health insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Solid work experience with Java 8 or higher.
- Solid work experience with Spring Boot.
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Feeling comfortable in Agile / DevOps environment.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Node.js experience.
- Angular and/or React experience.
- Experience/Knowledge of Micro-service design patterns and architecture.
- Experience/Knowledge of Netflix OSS stack.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud platforms (IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure).
- Hands-on experience with Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience building-up and leading technical teams.
- Pro-active involvement in IT communities and events.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top