Application Developer Automation- Ballarat Client Innovation Centre
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge. We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM. We are hiring.
We are currently looking to expand the team in our Client Innovation Centre in Ballarat and seeking talented Developers and Testers join us on the push to the Cognitive & Digital era!
The Application Development team is responsible for supporting the full life cycle of enhancements. As an Application Developer your responsibilities include -
- Work effectively individually and with team members toward customer satisfaction and success
- Assist in creating solutions for client and/or internal review
- Participate in client meetings to communicate status or give demos
- Participate in daily code reviews to offer insight and ask questions
- Be keenly aware of timelines and budgeting to deliver in a timely manner
- Abide by team coding standards, development processes and best practices
To ensure success in the role you will possess the following skills -
- Understanding of design patterns
- Experience with relational databases
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Solid skills in CSS, HTML, jQuery
- Experience in mobile development (iOS or Android) a nice-to-have
- Salesforce exposure a nice-to-have
Supporting IBM's Watson cognitive solution you will receive significant training to build your skills in new technologies and delivery methodologies and work with global experts.
We are looking for candidates who will inspire us. People who are always prepared to challenge thinking and ask why. Team players who will thrive in a collaborative environment.
You will be degree qualified and ideally will have prior exposure Agile methodologies.
You will demonstrate:
- A passion for technology and business
- The ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- A love of working with people in a team-focused environment
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to thrive in a collaborative culture
- The willingness to take ownership of challenging tasks, even beyond your initial scope of responsibility
- The flexibility to travel to client locations
Applicants must hold Australian Citizenship.
As this role is based in Ballarat, Victoria, relocation support will be considered for interstate applicants who are interested in moving to Ballarat to join our team.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top