CIO Entitled Software (ESW) Value Chain and zSW Application Transformation needs to staff up with a new team of developers in Budapest, Hungary. We are looking for both highly experienced developers as well as developers with less experience but with passion, willingness and ability to learn fast.
ESW Value Chain is the E2E 'demand to delivery' processes supporting the worldwide fulfillment of software that runs on the IBM zSeries platform. The development team is required for specific applications within this domain. The development team will both do new development activities but also support production break/fix as well as dev/ops activities.
As part of a dedicated, Agile team, the developers will be responsible for:
- Perform application development based on Agile methodologies
- Participate in requirements / user story analysis and design
- Complete activities related to the assigned user stories based on priority
- Conduct appropriate unit and module testing
- Detect, report, investigate and fix defects in the appliation (production support)
- Have a proactive attitude for problem solving, creating solutions thinking out of the box
- Work effectively in collaboration with other team members - as well as stakeholders and other support functions when required
- Continued focus on improving the applications
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent
- In-depth experience across server side Java/J2EE technologies
- Capable to work independently as well as in a team
- Analytical skills and proactive behavior
- Flair for understanding the business side of the applications
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- If knowledge about other programming languages like C++, this will be a clear advantage
- Good knowledge of programming principles and design techniques
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top