Application Designer / Technical team lead
As IBM Egypt continues to expand our Innovation Centre, we will be looking for application designers in the coming months.
As an IBM Designer we would expect you to be empathetic to and a champion for the people who use our products and services. You would create delightful experiences through crafting the emotional design - through the influence of visceral impact, behavioral influence and reflective consequence. Designers are responsible for the purpose, planning, or intention that exists behind an action, fact, or material object. Design must reflect the practical and aesthetic in business but above all... good design must primarily serve people. The employee guides functional objectives or technologies.
- Experience in building high traffic back-end services for external customer facing web applications.
- Understands inside out of fundamentals of Java, specifically JDK7, JUnit, Maven, Sonar.
- Has built web applications and services using open-source Java Frameworks: Spring & JAX-RS 2.0 implementations (e.g. Jersey or Apache CXF).
- Has designed web applications and clearly understands concepts like Web Services, REST APIs.
- Has knowledge of different application servers like Websphere. Comfortable with Agile development and Scrum process Identify Performance bottlenecks and use good coding patterns to avoid them in the first place
- Source Control (GIT experience is an advantage) Unit testing frameworks such as JUnit
What you'll do:
- Produce technical designs and associated design documentation, and drive design reviews.
- Build products / platforms.
- Coordinate team activities with lateral teams across disciplines.
- Integrate the team's deliveries with software from other teams to produce final software build.
- Plan and execute roll-out of software to the live environment according to stipulated standards, practices and milestones.
- Oversee the quality of deliveries and ensure conformance to processes and practices.
Apply today, for your profile to be considered for future opportunities.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Highly analytical, innovative, and able to think strategically and to develop comprehensive detailed specifications.
Ability to determine impact of architectural solutions and recommendations.
Must have experience in justification of technology solutions to business leaders and in maintenance and enhancement of deployed products.
Excellent verbal and writing skills; ability to produce clear, concise communications and documentation.
Highly effective at working in cross-functional and cross geographical organizations.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with diverse cultures and to deal with uncertainty and adapt to changes.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top