Application Database Administrator
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Implement high availability for DB2 systems with automated failover capability
• Proactively monitor DB2 system availability in Production and Test environments
• Assist with the automation of DB2 change management
• Assist with the migration of ETL process from DataStage to Spark/Python jobs
• Administer RedHat Linux servers running DB2 by performing OS upgrades and security patches as needed
• Work with developers and infrastructure teams to monitor and tune performance criteria of production DB2 instances
• Work with cloud platform services to manage infrastructure and application services
• Participate in Agile ceremonies with your squad to effectively manage the team's backlog of work and drive efficiencies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent related technical discipline
• 3 or more years experience with administering DB2, Oracle or Microsoft Database Management Systems in Production
• 3 or more years experience with Linux CLI and administering Linux systems such as RedHat Enterprise Linux
• 3 or more years experience administering and writing ETL and batch jobs
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent related technical discipline
• 5 or more years experience with administering DB2, Linux CLI, RedHat Enterprise Linux
• 5 or more years experience administering and writing ETL jobs
• Demonstrated experience with Agile & DevOps practices
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top