Application Database Administrator
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM's highest performing delivery centres worldwide - for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development - staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia's ICT industry, especially in talent development.
Application Database Administrator at IBM have a perspective on problem solving that says no one problem, big or small, is an isolated event, but rather part of a much bigger, more complex system In this job role you'll use your expertise in translating IT requirements into great design, as well as development and assembly of components, coding, unit testing and documentation, to create custom information systems for our clients.
Applicants should also be specialists who primarily apply their technical skills in an internal or external customer billable services, and implementation, environment.
Be a part of making the world more instrumented, interconnected - and intelligent. Join us.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- SQL Server Developer/DBA
- SSIS experience
- Experience with creating/maintaining/optimizing a SQL Server database
- Competent / technical subject matter expert (SME) in the digital commerce domain.
- Define overall technical design/system architecture for enterprise level applications and document the details in technical design document then engage with team of developers to build and implement the solution.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Conduct technology benchmarking and industry analysis to define the strategic direction.
- Mentor developers to help them solve problems and grow.
- Conduct code review sessions and use as training opportunity for the development team.
- Create, communicate, and maintain best practices and coding standards for team.
- Hold the development team accountable to follow these best practices.
- Work with multiple technologies and in projects with high complexity.
- Work to consistently improve internal processes and champion TEOA/Lean events targeted towards continuous improvement.
- Must be able to conceptualize and verbalize the benefits of technology in solving real business problems.
- Work location will be Bedford, NS
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4 to 5 years of as a SQL Server Developer/DBA
- 4 to 5 years of experience with SSIS
- 4 to 5 years of experience with creating/maintaining/optimizing a SQL Server database
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 5 to 7 years of as a SQL Server Developer/DBA
- 5 to 7 years of experience with SSIS
- 5 to 7 years of experience with creating/maintaining/optimizing a SQL Server database
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top