Application Consultant: Red Hat Cloud Microservices
IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Must have skill:
- At least 5 years experience in JAVA, doing ground-up development
- Has knowledge with 3 of these 4 dev points (code quality, performance tuning&optimization, concurrency and Spring batch)
- Has working knowledge of Git
- Has any 2 of these 3 skills (Spring Boot, API development and Microservices)
- Experienced in Java enterprise applications technology stack; REST, SOAP
- Experience in delivering projects using Agile methods and tools such as Jira.
- Advanced knowledge of object-oriented programming and associated design patterns
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
- Has an experience leading a team
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge of Maven builds and continuous integration and testing
- Experienced with main stream RDMS systems particulary MySQL, Oracle and MS-SQL
- Experience leading a development team, working on ground-up development
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top