Application Consultant: Process Automation (Consulting Skills SME)
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge. We out think ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM. We are hiring.
Bottom line? We out-think ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
Is able to articulate and compare alternative approaches drawing from previous engagements and recommend solutions.
- Draws upon existing intellectual capital and improves it.
- May create new intellectual capital.
- Contributes to the definition of the engagement scope of work and outputs.
- Recognizes problems related to the engagement objectives and suggests solutions
- Independently generates solutions, based on strong quantitative and analytical skills and business knowledge, and contributes to intellectual capital.
- Challenges the validity of given procedures and processes to enhance and improve or develop complementary adjustments/solutions.
- Gather facts (through primary and secondary research, structured and unstructured interviews, surveys, etc.)
- Responsible for the design, analysis (customer, financial, operational) and presentation of data.
- Create original work products with minimal supervision.
- Apply knowledge of consulting methodologies, key technologies, engagement support tools and demonstrate strong knowledge of their competency area and/or industry.
- Establish relationships within client organizations and deliver timely, high quality service to the client.
- Acts as an independent professional, including interaction with clients and does not require close management supervision on IBM or client premises.
- Operates as a team member, drawing upon the experience of other professionals within the engagement team and from other functions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top