Application Consultant: Middleware
IBM India's solutions and services span all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a vibrant group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals, designed specifically to be the source of market-leading Industry consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model, all designed to become the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world. IBM GBS provides Value-led and Asset-powered end to end solutions with global footprint in over 170 countries and empowers clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also to transform them for a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world.
Who you are:
- You are responsible for performance, availability and scalability of the applications.
- You will maintain the functional interface to the application infrastructure
- You are responsible for deploying integration components in development environments. (Integration Bus V9 or 10)
- You will design middleware solutions for IBM and OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) platforms.
- You will work as a Consultant in integration projects using IBM WebSphere Integrator Message Broker tool kit.
- You will be expected to design and develop maps, message flows and configure/develop adaptors.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ Years of development experience in programming languages like Java/J2EE, C++, Web Services, SOA (Service Oriented Language), ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) and EAI (Enterprise Application Integration)
- Advanced Java and architecture experience, including demonstrated architect-level involvement with many aspects of middleware
- Understanding of Java frameworks and libraries. (For example Spring, Hibernate, Apache Struts, and Apache Tomcat)
- Advanced experience with at least one of the major middleware solutions, preferably Red Hat JBoss Middleware or competitive solutions like Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Web methods, and TIBCO
- Must have experience of software development life cycle, deployment and maintenance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Should have proven Knowledge of software development methodologies, object-oriented design, development principles including enterprise design patterns, PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service), API management, DevOps, and mobile development
- Proven Knowledge of IBM Cast Iron would be an added advantage.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top