Application Consultant: DevOps
Your Role and Responsibilities
You and IBM India IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. Joining IBM is about joining a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
IBM is recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award Best Employer of People with Disabilities and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace - We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
We at IBM Global Business Services (GBS) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of market-leading Industry Consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model. All designed to be the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world - providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM's GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of.
Through our unique global delivery network; IBM offers global expertise coupled with a deep understanding of local capabilities, markets and cultures you could be part of and partner on some great projects with some of the best corporations in the world across geographies.
Your day in the role will include...
- Lead client engagements to improve DevOps environments across functional areas
- Implement DevOps pipeline tools in support of client needs
- Present a broad knowledge across various products across the DevOps spectrum in SAP/Oracle/Microsoft/Custom areas
- Prepare a gap analysis document and / or design a proposed DevOps adoption roadmap.
- Architect the DevOps tooling infrastructure and define the interface requirements amongst the various tool sets.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and demos and Grow the DevOps Practice within IBM
- Transformation experience of software tooling and processes of our clients.
- Analyzing the clients IT environment for achieving better efficiency using DevOps methodology and tools in conventional or Cloud environments.
- Experience in analyzing the software build and deploy requirements for a project; portfolio or account and define the architecture using the necessary software tools spanning across SAP/Microsoft/Oracle/Custom Development platforms
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses that will help you
- You'll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Experience to provide technical SME Support for setting up DevOps pipeline in one of the cloud native environments
- Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud or in an On Premise set up using Jira, Git , Jenkins, Maven, SonarQube, Docker, Kubernetes or tools having similar capability.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Experience to implement solutions for automation of application build, test, deployment, configuration management, and orchestration
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top