Application Consultant: AWS Cloud Modernization
IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM's Multi Cloud Services are focused on supporting clients on their cloud journey across any platform to achieve their business goals. It encompasses Cloud Advisory, Architecture, Cloud Native Development, Application Portfolio Migration, Modernization, and Rationalization as well as Cloud Operations.
- Multi Cloud Services supports all public/private/hybrid Cloud deployments:
- IBM Bluemix/IBM Cloud/Red Hat/AWS/ Azure/Google and client private environments.
- Multi Cloud Services has the best Cloud developer architect Complex SI, Sys Ops and delivery talent delivered through our GEO CIC Factory model.
- Create cloud migration strategies; defining delivery architecture, creating the migration plans, designing the orchestration plans and more.
- Assist in creating and executing of migration run books
- Evaluate source cloud (Physical¨ Virtual and Cloud) and target Workloads.
- Bring together and define migration requirements.
- Use troubleshooting skills and work closely with operations, support, and or other functions to ensure successful migrations.
A day in the role will include...
- Managing initiatives for migration and modernization in AWS cloud environment.
- Bringing your expertise to manage applications to AWS Cloud demonstrating PaaS Services, EC2 Services and ECS.
- You as a modernization professional, you will have experience to migrate legacies to Cloud platforms, move from one programming language to the other
Help in Legacy Modernization Solution Design and delivery through following:
- Leads and builds Modernization architecture solution from legacy platform (mainframe, iSeries, Solaris, VAX/VMS) into modern platform (Cloud on-prem/off-prem) through modular design by understanding application component as System of Engagement (SOE), System of Insight (SOI), System of Integration (SOI), System of Records (SOR).
- SME and highly experienced in identifying application module based SOE, SOI, SOR and lead modernization design as continuous modernization, modular modernization.
- Leads the team to design Modernization strategy and identify the need for API, Containerization, Microservices creation vs. language conversion, Database conversion.
- Leads the team to adopt continuous modernization instead of Big bang approach.
- Leads and SME in Modernization methodology and can lead the Design thinking workshop, method tailoring as Client environment and Client industry.
- SME by providing significant contribution to Modernization on Technical elements of WBS, estimation, Modernization risk, dependencies, Minimum viable product (MVP).
- SME on at least two modernization assessment and execution tools.
- Deep knowledge on AWS platform product & services and you should have the capability to map client platform and application deployment requirement into AWS platform specific services, configuration and align solution to AWS well architected framework and standard methodologies.
- Good knowledge on AWS ECS, AWS ECR, AWS EKS, AWS Fargate, AWS Lambda function, AWS Elastic Cache, AWS S3, AWS API Gateway, AWS CloudWatch and AWS SNS, AWS RDS and AWS DynamoDB. Foundation knowledge on AWS DevOps Services and database (RDBMS & NoSql) solutions (runs on VM's).
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 12+ to 15 years of experience on Modernization applications and led Architecture initiatives on AWS Modernization and Migration
- Managed and implemented at least 5 engagement modernizing client applications to AWS Cloud and on WebSphere and Java/J2EE or .NET
- Experience on using DevOps tools during Modernization
- Complete in-depth experience and knowledge of AWS as a product and it's components
- AWS certification would be preferred
- Cloud professional with exclusive Application modernization experience across any of the cloud platforms like OpenShift or Openstack and AWS
- Use of tools like Ansible, Jenkins etc
- Consulting mindset and should be able to advice customers on their cloud journey with detailed strategies and roadmap
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Creative problem-solving skills and superb communication Skill.
- Telecom domain experience is an added plus
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion. Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top