Application Architect-IBM Maximo
IBM Global Business Service: Join a leader. Consult with us!IBM Global Business Services helps top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical issues. As Solution Architect, the candidate will lead and contribute to the design and delivery of end-to-end solutions based on Web/Rich User Interface technologies, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and middleware technologies for multiple clients, participating in the design, development, testing and deployment process.
Your Role and Responsibilities
With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, you will develop broad technical, industry and professional skills, work with a vast network of subject matter experts, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities. In this role, the incumbent designs solutions from Maximo applications to automate business processes and meet business needs.
The resulting design may run on multiple platforms and may be integrated to multiple software packages and custom components. This role defines best practices in the critical evaluation and selection and / or development of the software components and hardware requirements of the applications and data, and the development of the application, including evaluation and selection of development methods, development processes, best practices and tools.
Applications Architects are responsible for applications-related quality, performance, availability, scalability, and integrity. They are also responsible for the functional interface to applications and for ensuring application usability. The architect interfaces with the client ensuring the client gets maximum value from Maximo implementation.
Specific tasks include working with IBM clients to:
- Gather and effectively translate business requirements (e.g. business case, requirement specifications, non-functional requirement specifications & use case models specific to the Maximo solution) into technical solutions.
- Conduct gap analysis.
- Develop solution architecture and work with client IT and business teams to build consensus.
- Create macro & micro designs working with IBM and client development teams.
- Develop application framework and establish foundation and standards for code development.
- Lead development team members to develop, test and deploy application components.
- Lead proposal and Request for Proposal (RFP)/ Request For Information (RFI) response development.
- Develop sizing estimates and project plan.
- Lead and manage design and delivery engagements at client locations.
- Support and mentor other technical team members. Familiarity with multiple operating system platforms, application frameworks and tools would be a definite asset.Candidate must have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) database programming.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of software implementation methodologies, design and implementation.
- Must have MIF (Maximo Integration Framework) experience
- ESP (Enterprise Service Plus)
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years experience in Systems Architect and Configuration (Workflow, Application Designer, Conditional User Interface (UI), Data Design).
- At least 5 years experience in implementing large scale IBM Maximo projects.
- English: Fluent
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities -where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust -where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible. Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top