Application Architect-Business Intelligence (Calgary)
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services helps top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical issues.
As Solution Architect, the candidate will lead and contribute to the design and delivery of end-to-end solutions based on Web/Rich User Interface technologies, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and middleware technologies for multiple clients, participating in the design,
development, testing and deployment process. With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, you will develop broad technical, industry and professional skills, work with a vast network of subject matter experts, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities. In this role, the incumbent designs solutions to automate business processes and meet business needs.
The resulting design may run on multiple platforms and may be integrated to multiple software packages and custom components. This role defines best practices in the critical evaluation and selection and / or development of the software components and hardware requirements of the applications and
data, and the development of the application, including evaluation and selection of development methods,
development processes, best practices and tools.
Applications Architects are responsible for applications-related quality, performance, availability, scalability, and integrity. They are also responsible for the functional interface to applications and for ensuring application usability. The architect interfaces with the client ensuring the client gets maximum value.
Specific tasks include working with IBM clients to:
• Gather and effectively translate business requirements (e.g. business case, requirement specifications,
non-functional requirement specifications & use case models specific to the solution - remove) into
• Conduct gap analysis.
• Develop solution architecture and work with client IT and business teams to build consensus.
• Create macro & micro designs working with IBM and client development teams.
• Develop application framework and establish
foundation and standards for code development.
• Lead development team members to develop, test and deploy application components.
• Lead proposal and Request for Proposal (RFP)/ Request For Information (RFI) response development.
• Develop sizing estimates and project plan.
• Lead and manage design and delivery engagements at client locations.
• Support and mentor other technical team members.
• Familiarity with multiple operating system platforms, application frameworks and tools would be a definite
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 5 years experience in Solution Architecture and Development (Workflow, Data Architecture, System and Cloud Architecture).
• At least 5 years experience in implementing large scale data-driven systems
• Demonstrated knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of design and development methodologies.
• Proven experience in a client-facing role
• Ability to travel extensively
• Knowledge and experience in oil and gas industry an asset
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• 7+ years experience as a Senior Architect
• Knowledge and experience in oil and gas industry
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top