Application Architect: Workday
IBM India's solutions and services span all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a vibrant group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals, designed specifically to be the source of market-leading Industry consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome based delivery model, all designed to become the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world. IBM GBS provides Value-led and Asset-powered end to end solutions with global footprint in over 170 countries and empowers clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also to transform them for a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world.
Who you are:
- You may design, develop and/or re-engineer highly complex application components of Workday, and integrate software packages, programs and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms.
- Participate in the sales cycle when requested to gather requirements, formulate delivery approach and develop a proposal.
- Actively participate in Executive Steering Committee meetings and other Stakeholder Meetings.
What you'll do:
- Designs application solutions with focus on Workday.
- You will Work with the client stakeholders to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or timeframes.
- Assist in the transition of the customer from design/build to steady state
- Work with Workday Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance
- Identify opportunities to position vale added service offerings.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to implementation and support teams.
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ Years of project management experience in delivering HCM (Human Capital Management), Payroll or Financial solutions within large Enterprise or Fortune 500 Clients.
- 5+ years of consulting experience with excellent process knowledge in HCM, Payroll or Financials
- Experience implementing Workday, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft or similar packaged solutions.
- Demonstrated deep process knowledge in at least one area - Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, General Ledger, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Services or procurement.
- Proven organization, time management, leadership and communication skills.
- Workday certification in HCM Core, Engagement Management, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Time and Attendance or Financials.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Previous experience with a major systems integrator and/or an enterprise software company a plus.
- Previous service sales experience a plus.
- Should have both functional (business) and technical experience.
- PMP(Project Management Professional) certification preferred.
- Passion for customer service and business development.
- Knowledge of Internet technology.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top