Application Architect: SAP ADM
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are:
A Technology Advisor, who not only understand the technology but how it affects their area of the business; trends associated with the technology; functional area and industries and the value propositions for clients to rotate to the new
Individuals how have a desire to be client-facing and develop a career that involves being at the forefront in communicating to C-suite individuals about how SAP can help them achieve their strategic initiatives
What you'll do:
- You will work closely with our clients and demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and delivery are of the highest level to ensure client satisfaction.
- Delivery advisory services to the IT Function of organizations: CIO/CTO/CDO
- Lead large-scale, global work streams requiring specific knowledge of SAP within your functional or industry area of expertise
- Leading teams of junior on-shore and off-shore resources to mobilize and deliver SAP solutions with Go-to-Market activities
- Deconstruct key business problems to identify value areas and structure and implement complex technology solutions for clients around SAP solutions
- Handle the designated project through all relevant stages of the systems lifecycle from project initiation through to project closure and review
- Lead complex projects, effective resource planning, technical leadership and management. There is also huge potential for you to drive through improvements
- Deliver advisory services in support of technology-enabled business change (integrator selection, vendor selection, application studies, solution architecture, or program diagnostics and recovery)
- Craft creative and differentiated SAP offerings, staying relevant and in sync with market changes and innovations
- Grow market share by demonstrating relationships, winning work and being integral to delivery of on-shore consulting engagements
- Independently plans installs, integrates and validates systems software and hardware solutions.
- Leads technical change implementation across environments.
- Acquires and applies broad knowledge of the business, its products, and processes.
- Resolves issues and navigates obstacles to deliver work product
- If you desire to be in a Client facing role, and develop a career that involves being at the forefront of IBM's transformation to the Cloud, we can help you achieve that.
- With all the above said, we wish you excellent success in your career and encourage you to bring your best self to work with IBM.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 12+ to 18 years of Project Management experience with at least 2 of them being complex in nature
- 10+ Years of SAP experience in applicable module(s) - including complete project life-cycle experience as well as maintenance and enhancement responsibilities.
- Deep knowledge of the selected integration architecture packages preferred
- Ability to lead extended teams with Business Development experience and Consulting.
- PMP Certified (Project Management Professional)
- Experience in onsite-offshore delivery model
- Tried work in full life-cycle implementations and validated project management capability required
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Knowledge of I/S methodologies and a project's impact on the company required
- Experience with SAP BI Suite and associated tools would be an added advantage
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top