Application Architect: Red Hat Cloud Migration
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You and IBM India The Multi-cloud approach can make costing and allocation even more challenging because the servers are in a different organization's data center and methods of charging and billing can differ among communication service providers. Are you ready to simplify multi-cloud management?
Join us to understand how the multi-cloud world is changing the face of IT.
IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award 'Best Employer of People with Disabilities' and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace - We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
We at IBM Global Business Services (GBS) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of best-in-class Industry Consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model. All designed to be the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world - providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM's GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of.
Through our unique global delivery network; IBM offers global expertise coupled with a deep understanding of local capabilities, markets and cultures you could be part of and partner on some great projects with some of the best corporations in the world across geographies.
A day in the role will include...
- Managing initiatives for migration and modernization in Red Hat Cloud environment.
- Bringing your expertise to handle applications to Open Shift Cloud demonstrating PaaS Services, EC2 Services and ECS.
- You as a modernization professional, you will have experience to migrate legacies to Cloud platforms, move from one programming language to the other
Legacy Modernization Solution Design and delivery through following:
- Lead and build Modernization architecture solution from legacy platform (mainframe, iSeries, Solaris, VAX/VMS) into modern platform (Cloud on-prem/off-prem) through modular design by understanding application component as System of Engagement (SOE), System of Insight (SOI), System of Integration (SOI), System of Records (SOR).
- Highly experienced in identifying application module based SOE, SOI, SOR and lead modernization design as continuous modernization, modular modernization.
- Collaborate and act as a Domain expert in design Modernization strategy and identify the need for API, Containerization, Microservices creation vs. language conversion, Database conversion.
- Leads the team to adopt continuous modernization instead of Big bang approach.
- SME by providing significant contribution to Modernization on Technical elements of WBS, estimation, Modernization risk, dependencies, Minimum viable product (MVP).
- SME on at least two modernization assessment and execution tools.
- Deep knowledge on Open Shift platform product & services and you should have the capability to map client platform and application deployment requirement into Cloud platform specific services, configuration and align solution to Open Shift well architected framework and standard methodologies.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Architects with more than 12+ years of experience on Modernization applications and led architecture initiatives on Red Hat OpenShift Modernization
- Experience on using DevOps tools during Modernization, expertise in Architect, design, and present multi-product solutions to customers
- Leads and builds migration solution for Hybrid Cloud platform (on-premises, off-premises, and dedicated cloud)
- Expertise in design, migration strategy, migration tools, migration network requirement, application, database and integration component migration pathways.
- Adopt the right migration tools for various migration method for (rehost, refactor, rearchitect, re-platform, containerization etc
- Any of the Red Hat Certification would be added advantage: Certified Architect, Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development, Certified Enterprise Microservices Developer, Certified Specialist in Camel Development or Certified Specialist in Hybrid Cloud Management
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Creative problem-solving skills and superb communication Skill.
- Respond to technical queries / requests from team members and customers.
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
- Ability to handle change and be open to it along with good time management and an able to work under stress
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion. Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top