Application Architect: Microsoft .NET
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Y our day in the role will include...
- Understand customers'overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) using advanced analytics and artificial intelligence
- Apply technical knowledge to consulting solutions that meet business and IT needs, create AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. .net, ML Server, SQL etc.)
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community
- Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
- You will eventually become .net Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
- You assess the Customers' knowledge of .net platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses that will help you
- You'll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Depth understanding of Microsoft and .net platform technologies, BI technologies, with the technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth in two or more of the following areas: .Net, SQL
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects) required
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management and developers)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills for coordinating across teams.
- An aim to learn and master new technologies and techniques
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion. Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top