Application Architect, Microservices
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a vibrant group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals, designed specifically to be the source of market-leading Industry consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome based delivery model, all designed to become the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world. IBM GBS provides Value-led and Asset-powered end to end solutions with global footprint in over 170 countries and empowers clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also to transform them for a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world.
The Application Architect, Microservices develops architecture with deep skills in various microservices patterns, platform and tools like Dockers, Kubernetes, Spring Cloud, Spring Cloud, Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon, APIC, APIGEE etc.). S/he decomposes an existing monolith into microservices architecture. They define microservices architecture for new development and they define, develop and manage API lifecycle or PaaS. They also define and develop components compliant with Microservices architecture patterns. S/he defines and models cloud based persistence storage. They Integrate with cloud based storage, on-prem applications / integration layer. They also define and develop runtime models for Microservices architecture. s/he defines and develops highly scalable deployment models for Microservices.
Who you are:
- Responsible for overall architecture and design of the solution delivered by the team;
- Play trusted advisor to the program leadership to bring the right technical skills on the board;
- Partner with DevOps teams to operationalize the product deliveries;
- Partner closely with the product owners, business analyst to align product architecture with business needs;
- Architect and design highly scalable, available, secure and elastic solutions that implement industry best practices and cutting edge technologies;
- Build resilient and cloud ready solutions based on Micro Services, Multi-tenancy architecture. And won responsibility for the quality of software solutions;
- Manage diverse requirements, negotiate, and effectively articulate rationale and vision behind technical decisions that support the business;
- Research, analyze and recommend solutions which meet business and technology needs;
- Conduct Hands-on development and code review for key features and applications;
- Maintain control over architecture throughout the entire software development lifecycle by continuously making critical adjustments to the architecture to ensure desired results.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be;
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor;
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have working experience in Compute, Storage, Networking, designing (highly available and secure infrastructure), Private Cloud Solution;
- Must have working knowledge in API Security, API(Application Programming Interface) Management, Resiliency, load balancing;
- 10+ years of working experience in Perform design, migration, deployment and operation of cloud Infrastructure spanning across Public and Private Clouds. Knowledge of Public Cloud Services - Pivotal, Azure, Bluemix;
- 10+ years of development and delivery experience with distributed commercial software applications.
- 10+ years/expert at Java, Spring and integration mechanisms;
- 7+ years of experience in building Spring MVC(Model View Controller) applications;
- 7+ years of experience building micro services solutions using open source tech stack;
- 2+ years of experience in Netflix Open Source Software stack and Docker Container;
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- As above.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top